Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

fair skin...never ever had a 'red' lippy. is there one that'd work?!

(85 Posts)
iamnowawhaticallmother Mon 06-May-13 22:28:41

I have fair skin, light blonde hair, green eyes. Generally wear v subtle make up and akl pinks. I would LOVE to wear a striking lipstick.but they all look rudiculous on me. Can i wear a dark/ a red lipstick or am i forever to wear nudes?!

comelywenchlywoo Sun 12-May-13 08:45:07

sorrel you're not suggesting it was you who used the second lipstick because the tester was so yucky are you?!!!! wink

No I'm in Scotland - it must be MNers the length of the country rushing out to try Revlon Candy Apple. I wonder if Boots have notice a spike in sales?

SorrelForbes Sun 12-May-13 08:56:28

No! I just grabbed the last wrapped one grin

JustinBiebermakesmevom Sun 12-May-13 23:38:08

To everyone that has bought the Revlon Candy Apple lippy and is loving it - do you use a lipliner with it ? The problem with red lipstick I have is that when I use a lipliner it can end up looking too made up but when I don't it just looks as thought I've been eating a red ice lolly. Think I've got funny lips as they definitely need some kind of definition...I always use a lip liner with my nude or pink lippies

mirai Mon 13-May-13 02:09:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

comelywenchlywoo Mon 13-May-13 09:15:27

I've not been using liner, but have been using the "edge" of the bullet to draw a crisper line around the edges.

HTH

mirai Fri 17-May-13 09:37:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorrelForbes Fri 17-May-13 10:28:46

I've worn mine a couple of times this week. I do like it and I'm sure I'll wear it again but it definitely makes me look older/harder.

SingingSilver Fri 17-May-13 11:55:36

I read this thread and picked up a Candy Apple too! I have about 10 lip butters, but not a red one. I don't like it as much as some of my others, but it's the most wearable bright red lipstick I have, it will be lovely with a bit of a tan in summer smile

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sun 26-May-13 23:03:09

Bobbi Brown 'Red' is v.good for pale, cool skin tones.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 27-May-13 00:36:38

I've recently bought Lipstick Queen Deep Red Sinner and it might actually be my perfect red, I would highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: