Talk

Advanced search

Oh wise ones of mn, I have a budget of £40

(11 Posts)
NeedsTherapy Mon 06-May-13 10:18:07

And need a summer wardrobe.
I have 4 t-shirts and 1 skirt, everything else I own is more wintery stuff. What should I get and where should I go?

chanie44 Mon 06-May-13 11:00:35

You need another pair of bottoms, I'd go for denim shorts, but long ones that go over the knee.

Consider some chinos for when it's a bit chilly but warm.

A couple of smarter tops, something lightweight but a bit smarter than t-shirts.

A nice summer dress.

Shops h&m, new look, primary, peacocks as you'll get more or your money.

Hopefully Mon 06-May-13 11:07:13

Unless you go for ebay, stick with H&M/new look etc, as chanie says (I think H&M have the best quality for the price).

A pair of shorts, or another skirt, or a pair of cropped jeans, depending on which you'll wear the most, and perhaps a couple more tops. If you don't have a cardigan/sweater that is summer-appropraite, scratch the t-shirts and get a sweater.

LadySlatternlysHoover Mon 06-May-13 11:09:18

Check out supermarket clothing ranges. I've found basic T shirts from Tesco better quality and cheaper than H&M.

noddyholder Mon 06-May-13 11:09:41

Long denim shorts Please don't! grin get some cheap white skinnies from primark and some proper shorts. A couple of cheap vest for garden/park and a gipsy/embroidered type white top All do able for £40 in h and m and primark

Roshbegosh Mon 06-May-13 11:09:48

Uniqlo is good for t-shirts and well priced knits

novelsituation Mon 06-May-13 11:14:13

Dorothy Perkins have some great t- shirt maxi dresses £16 - £18 in plain dark colours / thin stripes.

You just chuck one on and have a complete outfit.

I'd also get some cotton trousers/chinos from h and m to wear with the t- shirts you do have.

NeedsTherapy Mon 06-May-13 11:17:50

thanks, I just saw another thread about peacocks so am having a good nosey.

I've spent the last 4 summer being pregnant or still carrying baby weight and suddenly its getting hot outside and i have nothing to wear!

I was thinking about getting a light weight jacket or cardigan and another skirt/shorts. I've got jeans for cooler weather.

novelsituation Mon 06-May-13 11:19:50

If you don't like maxis, this monochrome ikat dress is lovely. here They are about to have a 20% offer - from Thursday I think.

NeedsTherapy Mon 06-May-13 11:47:51

novel, that would look awful on me, as do maxi dresses, I'm just the wrong shape and size for them.

I've found a denim skirt, a couple of t-shirts and a shirt that come n at £25.60. I realised I also need a pair of sandles, so I thin its off to the supermarkets to find a pair of nicer flip flops and a cardigan type thing. big ask with whats left of the budget!

awaywego1 Tue 07-May-13 09:49:07

Charity shops are full of lovely stuff-seriously! I buy 90% all of my clothes there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now