Talk

Advanced search

Dungarees?

(15 Posts)
DukeSilver Mon 06-May-13 08:58:03

Like these ones. What do you think?

I have wanted a pair of loose denim dungarees for a few but haven't been able to find them anywhere. Now it seems they are everywhere and i'm worried i'll look like a fashion victim.

dexter73 Mon 06-May-13 10:20:33

If they look hideous on Keira Knightley then what chance does a normal a normal human being stand shock?!!

ZaraW Mon 06-May-13 12:27:12

I wouldn't wear them outside of the house, but I have had a pair for years that I do decorating and gardening in. Very people can carry them off, I certainly can't. I saw a dungaree dress the other day which was quite nice.

DukeSilver Mon 06-May-13 12:57:20

Aww I think she looks great. Very relaxed obviously but comfy and good. I'm the same build as her around the same height I think.

noddyholder Mon 06-May-13 13:01:37

If you are young slim and flat chested they can look lovely

DukeSilver Mon 06-May-13 13:05:11

I am most definitely flat chested! Im 26 so reckon I could get away with it age wise for a few more years.

monkeysmama Mon 06-May-13 16:46:37

I have some from Zara. Not many people like them though.

cocolepew Mon 06-May-13 16:49:58

Someone I work with wears them and looks great.

kerstina Mon 06-May-13 17:10:37

I love them am sure they will look great on you. I am skinny, flat chested petite but maybe a bit old but would still wear them for pottering round house and garden. Have always liked them not just cause they are back in fashion.

PipkinsPal Mon 06-May-13 17:15:31

Hell no. Were they ever in fashion? I have a hideous photo of myself and my Dsis as teens wearing them. She was wearing a maroon and white striped jumper and rust coloured corduroy dungarees and I was wearing a maroon frilly necked jumper and grey corduroy dungarees! It is the most awful picture we had taken of us together and there have been some crackers.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 06-May-13 17:15:41

Hmm....I've got some fitted black ones, and I love them. I've always had a thing for dungarees, though...

I'm slim-ish, but not flat-chested. Am I hurting people's eyes?!

Oh, and 22, if that matters. But I look about 16.

DukeSilver Mon 06-May-13 17:22:06

It seems they are a bit love them or hate them! grin

I'm a little bit hippyish, so I would wear them in the most non glamorous way possible. I'll probably look a bit like a farmer.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 06-May-13 17:29:24

For some bizarre reason, at about 14, I loved them. They were badly out of fashion then (early 2000's) so I had to buy maternity dungarees. They were huge, at least twice my size.

I wore them everywhere. The photographs are horrific.

Maybe I'm doing the same thing again!? blush

HappyGirlNow Mon 06-May-13 17:33:03

They wouldn't do anything for me unfortunately but I think Diane Kruger really pulls them off here:

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2303272/Mystery-shopper-Diane-Kruger-tries-stay-low-key-dungarees-straw-hat-shops-groceries-Joshua-Jackson.html

But she looks amazing in anything..

ClaraOswald Mon 06-May-13 18:03:49

Dungarees look great on small children.

Only small children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now