Talk

Advanced search

err... what's in fashion?

(6 Posts)
sarahseashell Sun 05-May-13 23:47:21

confused blush I seem to be stuck in a time warp and have got either jeans and a boring top or leggings. What's in fashion/what can I wear if I can finally put away the jumpers? SAHM I urgently need some new stuff but no idea what to get

hedgefund Sun 05-May-13 23:49:02

flowery tops, zara have some nice vest types in atm

OneLittleLady Sun 05-May-13 23:53:05

Prints, especially birds and flowers
Stripes
Pastels
Sheer materials
Skater style skirts
Midi dress/skirts
Maxi dress/skirts
T-shirts with slogans like 'nerd' or 'dork'
Biker jackets
Boyfriend jeans
Short shorts

All these seem to be in fashion in the bog standard high street shops like DP, New Look, Primark and Miss Selfridge at the minute. Higher end have some of the above mentioned but not all.

catslave Sun 05-May-13 23:58:48

Depends how old you are smile

sarahseashell Mon 06-May-13 00:19:22

thanks so far smile I have a couple of those things so maybe not doing as badly as I thought.

What tops and shoes should I wear with boyfriend jeans? and what tops with skater skirt? also are cardigans still ok or not do we think?

Not sure I can do flowery or prints, even though they're nice. Or pastels for that matter. Maybe will get a maxi dress and wear with denim jacket?

OneLittleLady Mon 06-May-13 00:40:07

I've been seeing a lot of cropped and/or 3/4 length sleeved cardigans around so cardigans are definitely still in. I usually wear converse or ballet flats with boyfriend jeans and vests or short sleeved tees tucked in with a belt with my skater skirts. Oversize scarves are also everywhere at the minute, they are a good way to add prints to your wardrobe without being covered head to toe in them.

A maxi with a denim jacket is a good look though i have seen people substituting the denim jacket for leather biker ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now