Talk

Advanced search

Desperate for help please! Coral pink dress?

(7 Posts)
TimeForADrink Sun 05-May-13 21:08:04

Hello! I have an invitation to a wedding in three weeks and I thought I had the perfect dress but when I got it home it was awful sad

I have a tiny, beautiful clutch bag in this colour and I'd love a dress to match, plus some kind of white/cream wrap. I have some cream coloured flat shoes (work shoes, this colour) that I wanted to wear with it.

I don't even know where to begin. For years I have worn hand me downs from my sister (no money) and, recently, worn clothes until they were full of holes. I finally have a decent paying job and I have about £100 to spend in total.

I am 5'3", size 10 but with huge thighs and bum for my size with a small waist (can never find jeans - they always gape) and 32E boobs (so need a little room at the top and can't have anything too revealing). I also hate my arms as they are a bit flabby. It's a Jewish wedding with a traditional ceremony so nothing too revealing or restricting as there'll be a massive party afterwards. The majority of my friends/acquaintances who will be there are from very well-off backgrounds and always look so well put-together, buy clothes from Karen Millen etc... just once I would like to look stunning instead of a scruff!

Can anyone help please? I live in Birmingham in the week so would need to buy in the city centre after work. I have no idea which shops do which types of dresses... am so lost!

TimeForADrink Sun 05-May-13 21:10:21

And I have no clue about accessories. I am willing to buy some (above the £100 budget). I do have some lovely studs that DP bought me and a matching pendant necklace. Or no necklace... or, I don't know confused

HazleNutt Sun 05-May-13 21:43:48

go to www.shopstyle.co.uk and search for coral dress, should find some options. With slim waist and big thighs, skater dresses would look good. Not too high neckline though, rather a v-neck.

BellaVita Sun 05-May-13 21:49:54

this dress has a cream overlay on a coral lining. I have bought it for a wedding.

MrsLettuce Sun 05-May-13 21:53:40

Thsi isn't coral but it's work with your accessories, these are the best petticoats I know, very full but lovely and soft. I'm sure the lady V ones are fine though!

medjool Sun 05-May-13 22:21:50

How about this? Perfect neckline for a Jewish wedding and you could wear a coral or black pashmina for the ceremony.

TimeForADrink Sun 05-May-13 22:37:57

Thank you all very much smile Especially the Monsoon dress and the shopstyle link - I had no idea something like that existed and will definitely be using the site a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now