Talk

Advanced search

American vintage

(9 Posts)
Barbie1 Sun 05-May-13 20:43:35

While wondering around Galeries Lafayette this weekend I came across this french brand and fell in love with it.

I need to replace most of my wardrobe and want to start by building up the 'basics'

My question is has anyone got any feed back on this brand?

I only have 5 weeks left in paris before we relocate and would hate to spend £££ if it really isn't very good quality and I end up showing more midriff than I intend too if they shrink like every other god damned t-shirt I buy

Corygal Sun 05-May-13 20:46:05

Yes I have a big cardi and a nice soft T-shirt. They were both pricy but have both lasted really well.

ArcticRoll Sun 05-May-13 20:47:31

I like their stuff but only buy it in sales -is it cheaper in France than in UK?

CHOOGIRL Sun 05-May-13 20:52:23

I have a few t-shirts. They are thin but good quality. Not very forgiving if put on the incorrect wash cycle so be careful. I also like Splendid which are £££ but last forever. J-crew vintage cotton also good ime

Barbie1 Sun 05-May-13 21:04:24

Yes cheaper here in France and much more of a varied range smile

choogirl they have a range of t shirts which the sales girl told me was designed to be layered and not wore alone, these tended to look very thin and not as good a quality as the proper t shirts.

I have ordered a j care t shirt to compare my am- vintage one too.

Sleepwhenidie Sun 05-May-13 21:07:03

The cotton is lovely but the long sleeved tops drive me mad because once you push the sleeves up once they go all baggy and creased, so I stick to the vest tops and t-shirts. No idea about knitwear etc.

Sleepwhenidie Sun 05-May-13 21:09:20

Oh, I also second Splendid as an alternative, along with Fine Collection and discounted/eBay T by Alexander Wang is fantastic.

santamarianovella Sun 05-May-13 22:01:14

They are good I have a long black top and I second what sleepsaid and a white short sleeve one that I love ,splendid is great too or try zadig and Voltaire, they do very nice basic tops,pricy but excellent .

Barbie1 Tue 07-May-13 08:15:39

Thanks ladies, in going to pick up a few more basics from this range and see how I get on.

I really is ££ cheaper here in France so it would be rude not to take advantage wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now