Talk

Advanced search

Please help me sort out my hair colour! Photos on profile

(13 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Sun 05-May-13 14:07:35

As above!

I like having reddish hair, but have got addicted to it in the last couple of years and haven't realised just how red it's got.

I'm a bit stuck about what to do with it, hence I haven't coloured it for almost five months now.

I've put some pictures on my profile showing natural colour (quite a lot of grey now coming through), how the current coloured hair looks in natural daylight and direct light/sunshine.

I'd be really grateful for any colour suggestions (either red, or feel free to tell me if you think I'd be best off with a different colour), specific products to try, etc. I can't see the wood for the trees on this.

PS I don't normally do a Veronica Lake in photos, tipping hair forward was the only way to show the colours properly. grin

notapoloshirtperson Sun 05-May-13 14:25:07

I think it's nice and suits your colouring.

cocolepew Sun 05-May-13 14:37:17

It is nice, personally I would go a bit darker, either with a deeper red or a browny/red.
I like your blue eyes grin.

Magicmayhem Sun 05-May-13 14:38:13

Wow... I was expecting you to look like Johnathon Ross's wife, but yours looks lovely... really natural and suits your colouring... in fact I couldn't even see a regrowth line....
hopefully someone else will come along and give you some ideas as I think it looks nice and would leave it....

Magicmayhem Sun 05-May-13 14:40:01

I would only suggest staying the same base as your natural colour... you have lovely pale skin and it may look a little washed out

MrsBertMacklin Sun 05-May-13 14:55:06

Interesting, I thought the red was far too bright for my colouring! I think I'll try and find something with the same depth then, but slightly less red and more brown, thanks all.

LydiaDeetz Sun 05-May-13 16:35:02

Agree it looks lovely smile

MrsLettuce Sun 05-May-13 19:01:27

The colour in the photos is perfect for you!

MrsBertMacklin Fri 10-May-13 19:00:52

Quick update for those who helped out with this: I've gone a coolish chocolate brown! Have posted a photo on my profile, really happy with it. Thanks for helping.

KristinaM Fri 10-May-13 19:07:10

It's lovely, really brings out the colours of your eyes

You have great skin BTW

MrsLettuce Fri 10-May-13 19:08:49

What Kristina said

MrsBertMacklin Fri 10-May-13 19:11:48

Thank you Kristina!

I should caveat that this photo was taken after visiting the wonderful makeup artists on the NARS counter today, who helped me sort out new makeup colours for my new hair smile. I was introduced to their concealer, tinted moisturiser, blusher & bronzer, my skin is normally a pore-riffic, pigmented blotchfest.

kilmuir Fri 10-May-13 19:14:29

looks lovely. think 30-40% grey is a high estimation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now