Talk

Advanced search

Blonde to brunette?

(3 Posts)
Auntlinny Sun 05-May-13 01:26:43

Should i colour my blonde hair and become a brunette? It is currently golden blonde, having been helped along with a few foils and it is a chin length bob. I quite fancy a shiny chocolate colour for winter (I am in NZ). I am in my 40s and I am quite fair, with blue/grey eyes. My brows and lashes are quite dark. Will it look ridiculous? Comments please!

Bertrude Sun 05-May-13 10:13:09

I did it for winter last year - I went from a dull blonde though, but to a rich, almost reddish brown. I also have blue eyes, but my mum is dark haired naturally so I knew it'd work.

You can always darken your brows if you need to. The only downside is the maintenance.

But I say go for it!

BreasticlesNTesticles Sun 05-May-13 10:16:30

I used to be very blonde and went very dark. I have dull as dishwater mid brown nothingy hair , fair with freckles, and dark blue eyes.

I had to be a bit careful I didn't look washed out but as I have brown eyebrows/lashes it looked fine.

I had to do it gradually though, went through a reddish stage as well to get there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now