Talk

Advanced search

Side parting vs centre parting

(10 Posts)
mondaymorningfeeling Sat 04-May-13 21:18:51

I have had a side parting for years now after switching from a centre parting which I had for a long time as well.
I would like to try a centre parting again, but feel it's just not in (I think). I'd say I have a heart shaped face, my current hairstyle is a bit like this
www.dailymakeover.com/hairstyles/women_celebrity_hairstyles/jennifer-lopez-jan-23-2013/?tid_ref=2891
My question is are centre partings a thing of the past?

ToastedTeacakes Sat 04-May-13 21:33:09

It depends entirely upon the person, i think. I have always had a center parting, but my hair seems to just fall that way and a side parting doesn't suit my face. Not sure how partings can go out of fashion - unless you are a teen or a die hard trend follower.....it's all about the shape of the face, similarly with fringes, which come in and out of fashion every few weeks!

mondaymorningfeeling Sat 04-May-13 21:46:02

toast yes I do agree with what suits your face shape and Tbh honest I think a side parting suits my face better than a centre parting, but I just wanted a change I think.

squoosh Sat 04-May-13 22:10:11

Side parting is more flattering for most face shapes. Centre partings suit the very symmetrically faced.

mondaymorningfeeling Sat 04-May-13 22:14:08

Yes like kate moss smile

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sun 05-May-13 17:40:54

I think it completely depends on the person. I have a narrow face and a strange nose, so a side parting looks much better. I can't believe it took me 17 years to figure it out too!

mirry2 Sun 05-May-13 17:46:55

op - J. L has a centre parting in the photo but you said that you have a side parting just like hers confused

mondaymorningfeeling Sun 05-May-13 18:28:34

mirry yes jlo has a centre parting, but mine is a side parting but the hairstyle is similar, as in the length and layers.

EddieVeddersfoxymop Sun 05-May-13 19:56:57

How about no parting??!? I had a centre parting for years, then switched to a side, now have none and I love it! I have a sweepy long fringy bit that sweeps across my head and then the rest just pleases itself in a messy sexy <arf> manner. A bit like this. Excuse the fact it says the cuts are for teenage girls, I most certainly am not a teenage girl blush

mondaymorningfeeling Sun 05-May-13 20:05:04

eddie wow that's a daring colour, but yeah no parting sounds like a good idea, least I don't have to bother with it much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now