Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Find me a fancy outfit!

(5 Posts)
WeeSooty Sat 04-May-13 19:29:10

I have a challenge for all mumsnet style and beauty!

My DD (PFB) is getting christened in June and I need something to wear!

I have about £150 to spend on a full outfit and normally I would be so happy to spend money but since she was born I just don't feel myself.

I'm 5ft 1, probably size 12-14, I have a decent cleavage but would love to cover up my big wobbly belly! I would be happy with anything flattering to be honest and the only thing I don't want is any embellishment on the shoulders, neckline.

I would really really appreciate your help!

MrsLettuce Sat 04-May-13 21:13:56

What's your colouring? Would you like a hat? Oh, and do you have spanx?

WeeSooty Sat 04-May-13 21:32:01

Oops sorry forgot crucial details!

I'm very fair skinned with blonde hair. I'm happy wearing most colours but not black or red/orange.

I don't have spanx... Should I? I've tried control pants before and couldn't stand them, too restrictive and just seemed to roll the flab elsewhere!

WeeSooty Sat 04-May-13 21:33:39

Sorry posting on phone so never manage to answer in one post!

I would LOVE a hat, but I'm not sure if I'd look to old in it? I'm 28. And also is a hat too formal for a christening? I used to love dressing to impress but since DD, I've just lost my sparkle a bit.

MrsLettuce Sat 04-May-13 22:05:42

this, these, this, this and these (minus the orange ones)?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: