Talk

Advanced search

Bought a pair of floral jeans... not entirely sure what I was thinking, what would I wear with them?

(6 Posts)
TrampyPants Sat 04-May-13 17:13:27

These Gap ones they fit ok, and don't look hideous, but I've no idea what to wear with them. I've tried a white l/s tee and cobalt flats, that looked ok, but now I'm pretty stuck. Think of me as a 5'2" size 8 barbie (with small boobs) and help dress me please wink

FrugalFashionista Sat 04-May-13 17:32:21

I have a similar blue floral pair from last summer (these) and have tried the following:
*a loose-knit semisheer white sweater layered over a white tank top
*denim button-down shirt camel longline sweater
*a coral cashmere v-neck sweater
*a white blazer over a white tank or tee
*a white peplum top (great for someone with a lithe body)
* a navy peplum top

The peplum top is my favorite pairing - dressy and pulled-together but still very easy to wear.

TrampyPants Sat 04-May-13 17:50:14

ooh, thank you. I have a coral batwing slouchy top, and a loose-knit cream baggy jumper which would work. I also tried a pale denim shirt, but I'm a little scared of double denim. I'm old enough to remember b*witched.

I have a hot pink blazer, and a teal one. I normally wear them over striped tops, but could try with plain tees.

MarshaBrady Sat 04-May-13 17:53:01

I like both of those Trampy and Frugal.

I have paler blue C/E floral skinnies and wear them with most things, I suppose I have many plain coloured tops and jumpers which go well. Any colour really.

FrugalFashionista Sat 04-May-13 18:01:51

<waves to Marsha>

Double denim with a neon bag was trendy last year, but too low-contrast using this pair of jeans. But a denim shirt worn under a camel knit looked just right.

I still wear double denim - denim cutoffs with a men's denim/chambray shirt. Loving the combo grin

TrampyPants Sun 05-May-13 13:54:11

thank you. I shall dig my summery clothes out of the loft and have a play around.

I love the way double denim looks (if its done right) but I always seem to get it wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now