Talk

Advanced search

Help! What to wear with these shoes?

(5 Posts)
GurlwiththeFrothyCurl Sat 04-May-13 15:49:10

I've done something a bit daft as I really needed cheering up. I have been horribly ill with a nasty long-term condition and got myself into a right old rut clothes-wise by wearing sludge colours to match my miserable mood. So, when I saw these shoes, I fell in love with their bright colours.

But, I have nothing to wear with them at all!

I'm in my 50s, 5ft 4in, size 10-12. Pear shaped with short legs and a small bust. I can't easily wear skirts that are above the knee as I have fat knees and bad varicose veins in one calf. But I am pretty open to ideas - particularly for things I could wear to work. I did buy myself a top from Woolovers in a similar colour from their cotton and silk range, so could perhaps team this with a longer skirt or trousers.

Anyway, here they are:

Fuschia Shoes

Thanks in advance!

OneLittleLady Sat 04-May-13 16:07:50

What about a fitted black midi skirt, the top you bought and the shoes? ASOS have a nice range of midi skirts in at the minute. Or cigarette trousers in a darker colour?

GurlwiththeFrothyCurl Sat 04-May-13 16:20:43

Those ideas sound good OneLittleLady - thanks a lot smile

ToastedTeacakes Sat 04-May-13 16:26:27

What about cigarette pants (black or grey), straight leg white jeans, cropped chino's, etc. I think they'd look great for both smart and casual, too. I can easily see them with a pair of black cigarette style trousers, a white linen tee and slim fit blazer, with perhaps a nice silk scarf containing a similar colour...

They would also go well with solid colour dresses, tea dresses, or even dresses with a small pattern if the colours suit. I'm thinking something 'fit and flare', with flowly skirt.

GurlwiththeFrothyCurl Sat 04-May-13 17:07:09

Another set of great ideas ToastedTeacakes - brilliant. I'm a bit nervous of white jeans in case they make me look fat, but will look into the other ideas. Not sure what cigarette pants look like though! Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now