Talk

Advanced search

Straight legged jeans help for curvy hips/thighs please!

(6 Posts)
Charliesangel2009 Fri 03-May-13 18:47:44

After resisting skinnies for some time, I embraced them over the winter. Worn with fly boots and flowing tops.

But now summer appears to be here I need to switch my wardrobe. I'm not comfortable with wearing skinnies and flip flops or heels so I'm after some straight legged jeans (I've ditched the bootcuts!).

Can anyone help? I am size 12 (a large one) and fairly big of thighs/hips. I definitely need a higher rise too, but not 'high' waist if you know what I mean.

My skinnies are the Next slimming ones and Levi Demi Curves. I've got a budget of about £80. Can anyone help?

AgentProvocateur Fri 03-May-13 18:50:07

I got a pair in Gap yesterday, and I'm very pleased with them. Three leg lengths, two colours of denim - £45. They are the right height at the waist, and I'm a size 14 and the 30" waist is a perfect fit. Just called Straight Leg I think

dexter73 Fri 03-May-13 19:17:47

I would recommend Levis curve slim leg.

Charliesangel2009 Fri 03-May-13 19:23:59

Thank you. I'm looking for a longer length that I can roll up to wear with chunky sandals. Maybe the Levi's are the answer.

AndTwoBits Fri 03-May-13 21:33:37

I'm a tall pear size 12/14 and the Boden straight leg jeans are great. They come up high enough to cover mum tum and bum but not so high they are grannyish!

SteppingOnLego Fri 03-May-13 21:56:06

I wear levi demi curve too and just got a straight leg pair for summer. They are a perfect fit for me. I find boden an odd shape over the hips, just not quite right and as for Gap the waist is always massive compared to the fit on the thighs so no good if you are hourglass type shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now