Talk

Advanced search

How do I grow it out the easiest way?!

(9 Posts)
K8eee Fri 03-May-13 18:19:22

So about 2 or so weeks ago I had a fringe cut in. At first I loved it but have now realised how impractical it is for work and the real reason why I grew it out when I was a kid. I had the same brainwave to have one cut in a few years ago, and I knew I should've stuck to my guns and not bothered this time!

Previously I gave myself a side parting and clipped it out the way or clipped it back but I have noticed my hairline is receding I think from all the gripping its had and I've got a little patch of hair that is growing through in the middle of my head from all the hair grips. Just after some advice whether I should do something else. I need to let it get longer before I can have it as a side fringehmmsad

IvorHughJarse Fri 03-May-13 20:37:49

Alice band? Sounds naff but there are some lovely ones out there, I use them when my fringe is greasy not looking its best

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 11:05:41

Whenever I think of an Alice band I imagine a 8 year old girl with it on all skew wiff and untidy haha. Hmm I guess it's on route I could go down

BeanoNoir Sat 04-May-13 12:39:17

Get hairdresser to cut it as it grows out, e.g. thinning it a bit and blending it into hair. A lot easier than growing out a chunky fringe. A bit like this

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 13:36:51

Thanks beanosmile I have tried pulling it into a side fringe which is sort of working! Needs to get a bit of weight behind it so hopefully it'll sort itself out over time.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sat 04-May-13 14:37:33

Marking my place as I also got a fringe cut 4 weeks ago, and now remember why I grew it out in the first place.

A wise person once told me "if you don't have enough regret in your life already, try getting a fringe cut" and the were so right.

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 14:54:37

Hahahaha drgoogle, yep I regret mine now. Looked nice the day I had it done but because I work outside it just gets in the way angry growing yours out too then?

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sat 04-May-13 15:06:12

Yep growing it out already. Luckily my hair grows quite fast, it's already on my eyes so am going to try a side part and clipping it out of the way.

I will probably NEVER get a fringe again in 5 years time when I've forgotten. grin

K8eee Sat 04-May-13 15:22:49

Yes same here. Hair is like a weed, I wish my fat could be converted into head hair grin mine was cut pretty long anyway so I shall definitely making a trip to the hairdressers to have it blended insmile

Yeah I though 5 years ago 'I'm never doing that again!' And hey what do you know I decide to try it again. It's like my eyes feel really heavy with a fringe and that it should've be there. Do you get the feeling people stare at you with it too lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now