Talk

Advanced search

Is ruching okay for work?

(6 Posts)
titan Fri 03-May-13 16:33:56

I'm going back to work next week after quite a long maternity leave and have bought two very flattering ruched jersey dresses (Me + Em and Isabella Oliver). I was very pleased with my purchases, especially as they were in the sale. I proudly modelled them to my mother today who said there is absolutely no way I can wear ruched dresses to work as ruching is strictly for evening wear only and I will look really stupid. Now I am worried I have wasted money on dresses I can only wear for rare evenings out. So what's the verdict? Hoping lots of people will come and tell me they wear their ruched dresses to work!

Casmama Fri 03-May-13 16:35:37

Your mother is talking out of her rear end IMHO. I have and would wear rushed dresses to work.
I'm sure you'll look fab so please don't worry.

OneLittleLady Fri 03-May-13 16:36:10

I don't work in an office environment but my sister does and she wears plenty of ruched dresses for work. I think you'll be fine as long as boobs and legs are covered decently and you haven't got them hanging out all over the shop!

titan Fri 03-May-13 16:39:20

Oh good! I was starting to worry as DH also said they looked a bit glam but in his opinion they were work-appropriate when worn with a cardigan!

Topazandpearl Fri 03-May-13 16:56:11

I have a ruched Me & Em dress which I wear for work and I get lots of compliments. They can be dressed up or down as much as you want. Enjoy your flattering dresses and the compliments you will receive!

TravelinColour Fri 03-May-13 20:09:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now