Talk

Advanced search

Chanel bags

(20 Posts)
WildSwansatCoole Fri 03-May-13 15:03:30

I have hankered after one for years.
Now (with a big birthday approaching!)-I would love to buy one-but don`t think I could stretch to a new one.
Does anyone know where I could buy one second hand in London-or a reliable online vintage outlet?

morethanalltheteainchina Fri 03-May-13 15:07:46

I've never used either website myself but they look very reputable:
www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/vintage-bags-1/items.aspx#ps=1&pv=60&oby=5
www.highfashionsociety.com/
It's also worth checking out the Purse Forum forum.purseblog.com/chanel/ - they have loads of advice and will be able to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy, I have 2 and I love them both, they instantly smarten up any outfit and will last forever if you treat them well

tethersend Fri 03-May-13 16:05:03

Keep an eye on secret sales- they sometimes have Chanel bags. You have to be VERY quick off the mark, though.

bunnymother Fri 03-May-13 16:12:07

How about calling Pandora's Box, just near Harrods in Knightsbridge? They may have some, and, if not, may be able to suggest other places.

WildSwansatCoole Fri 03-May-13 16:40:46

Thanks for suggestions all.
I shall cheer myself up with the search at least!

santamarianovella Fri 03-May-13 16:50:16

i advice you to stay away from online retailers,the bags on these sites are genuine but the prices are not that different from the full retail price. in fact some bags are more expensive and they always look to be in bad condition . have a look at the chanel stores they do have some bags that are not in the 3k range. im trying to save for the cross body one but they keep increasing their pricesangry.

Allthingspretty Fri 03-May-13 16:53:50

Chic and seek is a site i look at. Not bought from them

MoodyDidIt Fri 03-May-13 20:09:49

i have always wanted a chanel as well, in fact i am looking at the moment as well. but genuine ones are really hard to find IME, even on ebay, and they are supposed to be dead hot on fakes :/

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 03-May-13 21:02:52

My Wardrobe sells some vintage chanel.

bunnymother Fri 03-May-13 22:11:34

As do Liberty. But I would try the dress/handbag agencies.

squalorvictoria Fri 03-May-13 22:38:42

I can recommend Naughtipidgin's Nest, I've bought a couple of bags from her, and she's just lovely.

naughtipidginsnest.co.uk/

Minminbel Fri 03-May-13 22:45:50

Save for a new one. I remember talking to the owner of a highly respected but sadly no longer trading vintage store, who said she had a huge pile of second hand Chanel and LV bags in her stockroom, but there had been so much counterfeiting through the 80's that she didn't dare sell them as authentic. There's a lot of fakes out there

WildSwansatCoole Sat 04-May-13 10:20:42

Okay.Perhaps I`ll have to wait a bit longer so...Pity,I would have thought the serial numbering would help spot the fakes immediately.

Oh well!However that shop-Pandoras box looks fabulous-I am going to visit there this week for a nosy anyhow.

I`ll have a chat with them at least.

Thanks all again!

ZaraW Sat 04-May-13 12:09:49

I got a second hand Marc Jacobs in great condition for about 50% off the retail price at www.yoogiscloset.com they also sell Chanel.

ToastedTeacakes Sat 04-May-13 16:34:17

there's one on Asos at the moment, which freaked me out!

santamarianovella Sat 04-May-13 17:05:46

I saw it toasted and there is no way that old thing is worth £ 1500,it looks very worn.i could buy a brand new Chanel WOC bag for that money.

Catlike Sat 04-May-13 21:01:12

Late to this thread but just want to say I agree with the people who've said save for a new one. The pre-owned ones may be cheaper than brand new and they may still be lovely bags but you'll still be paying hundreds of pounds for a second hand bag! No brand name justifies that IMO, not even Chanel.

MoodyDidIt Sat 04-May-13 21:05:29

from what have seen so far, even the 2nd hand chanels are over £1000 shock

there are some real beauties on yoogis closet though...... <sigh>

CheeseStrawWars Sat 04-May-13 21:08:53

Later to this thread but can I point you at this thread, currently discussing ethical fashion - Chanel are rated as E on the Rankabrand with 0 out of 22 - from their site: "This is our lowest possible sustainability score, and Chanel has earned it by communicating nothing concrete about the policies for environment, carbon emissions or labor conditions in low-wages countries."

Hermes gets a C rating, and 8/9 for working conditions, if you wanted to reconsider your brand choice. Or look it up for yourself: www.rankabrand.org/

Catlike Sat 04-May-13 21:09:35

Jesus Christ, that is ridiculous shock

Wouldn't go as far as to say it's like the emperor's new clothes, obviously Chanel have a reputation for excellent quality as well as style but £1000+ for a second hand bag is completely nuts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now