Talk

Advanced search

Face so dry I get dry patches of foundation after a few hours

(19 Posts)
mirai Fri 03-May-13 05:24:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 03-May-13 05:36:48

Aveeno is fab, my eczema flared up all over my face but after a few days disappeared again, its not greasy either and soaks straight in.

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 03-May-13 05:44:44

What are you using at night?

larlemucker Fri 03-May-13 05:58:09

I'm the same, use moisture face base foundation from body shop and I don't get it anymore

mirai Fri 03-May-13 06:15:19

GeordieCherry Fri 03-May-13 06:15:27

Exfoliate a wee bit less often, see if that helps. It did for me with my dry bits & the spots I was fearing didn't make a comeback

I also started oil cleansing

Hopefully Fri 03-May-13 06:48:35

Reduce the exfoliating down to once a fortnight at most (if you have dry skin, exfoliating can lift off the top layers before they should come off, exposing sensitive skin beneath, which dries out quickly as it is raw and sensitive, and continues the cycle), and get obsessive about night time moisturiser. Both of these made all the difference to my dry patches.

cantreachmytoes Fri 03-May-13 07:11:20

Agree about reducing the exfoliation, that sounds like too much.

There seem to be two schools of thought about night moisturising, one says always do it, one says don't, it's time for your skin to balance itself. I have no idea, but I had the same problem as you re the dry skin. I tried lots of creams but they didn't seem to solve the problem, more put a film over the dry patch. I also have sensitive skin, so can't use every cream. I have been using this www.napiers.net/belif-true-cream-aqua-bomb.html?spp=27 since October and the dryness has disappeared. I used it at night too in the beginning (put on very finely, because its not cheap and I am wink) and now I use nothing at night, but put this on every morning without fail.

I also make sure that I'm drinking enough water.

Good luck!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 03-May-13 07:43:33

They don't have particular face creams that i know of, I just use the moisturising lotion.

valiumredhead Fri 03-May-13 09:09:51

The Body Shop's Aloe night cream is amazing as is La Roch Posay Ciciplast cream.

ppeatfruit Fri 03-May-13 10:19:53

Agree about exfoliating; IMO and E it's not necessary for dry skin at all.

I have dry skin and use Dr. Haushcka products (esp. the cleansing cream at night) it's lovely and you don't need to moisturise after it. It really brightened up my skin.

Agree about drinking water plus no fags and minimal booze and caffiene!! I also take omega 3 oils (linseed and\or eveningprimrose).

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 03-May-13 10:21:01

Yes. Night time is when you can really pile the moisturiser on. I recommend using a cream and hot cloth (I use peaches and clean by soap and glory which is gently exfoliating and an ordinary flannel), possibly a serum, then moisturiser and then twice a week pop an evening primrose oil capsule and use the oil instead of moisturiser. Take an evening primrose oil capsule every day too.

Also make sure you're drinking lots of water throughout the day. You might feel a bit bloated for the first few days, but you'll adjust to it.

I have hideously dry skin usually but following this routine makes a massive difference to me.

mirai Fri 03-May-13 14:49:58

mirai Fri 03-May-13 14:51:51

ppeatfruit Fri 03-May-13 15:03:39

The thing with exfoliating is its like (maybe worse than) washing with soap and water it removes your own natural oils that do 'clean' your skin .So of course if you have dry skin it makes it worse.

You can buy,or make, your own gentle moisturising facial treatment but best not to exfoliate until your skin improves !!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 03-May-13 17:38:50

Mirai there's some Aveeno face creams on amazon.

ygritte Fri 03-May-13 21:41:10

Aveeno can be bought in Boots and I've seen it in TKMaxx also.I like the daily radiant exfoliant but think I'll lay off it for a while.
A-Derma skin repair is good (also Boots) for the dry patches on my cheeks.Not a bad price either £6.50 wish and usually on offer at 3 for 2.

ElectricSheep Fri 03-May-13 22:11:53

At night try cleansing with anne french moisturising lotion and then moisturise on top with simple cream from superdrug (both under £3) but both very good for sensitive skin. They are a 'moisture bath'.

ppeatfruit Sat 04-May-13 11:41:17

The problem with cheap stuff is it's usually got petroleum in it which a lot of people finds disagrees with them (it dries my skin badly)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now