Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to find a white dress with right fit!

(8 Posts)
Takver Thu 02-May-13 21:18:05

Any help appreciated. Needs to look something like this, but to fit an 11 y/o who has breasts.

A bigger size wouldn't help, it fits round the middle and up and down, but it is obviously designed for a young - hence completely flat chested girl - and the proportions not changed for the bigger sizes. We also can't figure out a way to make it work with a bra (even strapless) and it is rather see through without . . .

MrsWolowitz Thu 02-May-13 21:35:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Takver Thu 02-May-13 21:40:41

Lovely - but I think probably too fancy - the original is very plain (just cotton), and it has to be white white IYKWIM.

Its for a bridesmaid, as you've no doubt guessed - I'd like to go back to the bride with an easy solution if possible, as well as telling her it doesn't fit! (very chilled bride, so I'm sure not matching exactly will be fine, but obv needs to fit in)

Takver Thu 02-May-13 21:42:57

The ironic thing is that the bride was my bridesmaid, very many years ago, and I had exactly the same problem of one pre-pubescent and one very busty!

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 21:58:46

this in a 6?

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 22:00:00

wrong dress above^ meant this

Takver Thu 02-May-13 22:03:12

That is a fantastic dress, MrsLettuce, and dd would love it. Unfortunately the other bridesmaid dresses are really quite long (mid calf) and as dd is also rather tall, I don't think it would go.

My other thought is to see if I can find someone who can make something along the right lines, sadly my dressmaking skills aren't up to it in the time available

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 22:07:02

Aah. Ok.

TBH a seamstress should easily be able to add darts / generally fit the original dress, as long as you size up. Shouldn't be a problem to uncross the straps either, or you could just get her a muliway bra and keep the backs matching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now