Talk

Advanced search

Clarins lotus oil?

(8 Posts)
upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Thu 02-May-13 11:15:13

Keep reading about it and wondered if anyone would recommend or not?

I have dehydrated skin (flaky bits on nose) but oily t zone. Skin looks manky at moment. Help!

Heavywheezing Thu 02-May-13 11:22:27

I'm using the Clarins oil for combination skin, don't know which one though.

It's nice, smells lovely, like the maternity oil. Can't see a difference in my skin though

ClaudiaCutie Thu 02-May-13 11:46:06

I have dehyrated skin (not dry - it's lacking water not oil) that is also oily in T-zone. I have both Clarins Lotus and Santal oils. Love the smell and feel of them but they do absolutely nothing for my skin, since it's not lacking oil. Sadly a waste of money but that's not Clarins fault.

Annoyingly a lot of people have found their oily skin is less oily after using Lotus oil, once again it did nothing for me in that area either. Dammit. The smell is heaven though. I sometimes put it on neck before bed just for the relaxing/luxo scent.

If you can possibly get a sample to try, it's well worth doing, a lot of people have fabulous & amazing results from these products.

Sillybillypoopoomummy Thu 02-May-13 12:29:42

I love it. I used to use just rosehip oil for moisturising (after OCM with almond oil) but I needed somethng a bit more moisturising and the clarins one is lovely. I use 2 drops of lotus and 2 drops of rosehip to moisturise morning and night and my skin has never been better. Yes, I would agree that it has left my combination skin less oily. Smells heavenly too (even DH noticed!). Now I'm eyeing that double serum stuff...

lizzypuffs Thu 02-May-13 12:32:19

I love it and it works really well on my dry skin. I also use the blue orchid oil for dehydrated skin and thats great too and smells divine.

Mendi Thu 02-May-13 21:19:31

It is lovely and was my staple for my dehydrated skin. However, as a cheaper option I find the Neal's Yard Rose Facial Oil just as good.

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 02-May-13 22:55:55

I have the blue orchid one and my skin has never been better. I use it after LE hot cleansing cloth stuff and it's balanced out my combination skin so t zone doesn't look oily but dry bits aren't dry. Doesn't have the "sink in" feel of a normal moisturiser by the smell makes up for that.

Ask for a sample to try, they should be able to put some in a pot for you if they don't have any of the trial sizes in their secret stash.

Limoncellolovely Fri 03-May-13 11:03:20

Love it really helps balance the skin moisturises dry patches but calms down oily t-zone definitely get a tester and don't bother with the day cream they will try to flog you to go with it useless !!! but the toner does seem to help used in conjunction with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now