Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on light-ish coloured linen trousers.

(8 Posts)
bella65 Thu 02-May-13 08:46:20

I knew this can be a hot topic here- Linen trousers.
I've some Boden drawstring linen trousers in 'Pebble' which is a very light grey/blue colour- hard to describe. I'm not completely comfortable wearing light colours - and unlikely I'll be wearing abroad.
But on the plus side they are comfy , a good fit, and will be nice and cool when I don't want to wear a dress.

Comments? Afraid they may look 'mumsy'.

Xiaoxiong Thu 02-May-13 09:25:00

There's nothing wrong with linen trousers as long as they are lined, or of good enough quality not to be totally see-through and rumple at the first movement of your thighs.

Light grey-blue sounds like it could be nice - they're only as mumsy as you want to make them, the top and other accessories are key.

If you wear them with sequinned fit-flops, a poorly fitting boxy lilac t-shirt and a waterfall cardigan, I think that would stray into mumsy smile

If you wear them with a fitted black top, tucked in, and proper sandals, I think that wouldn't be mumsy.

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 02-May-13 09:50:57

I have a pair of grey tweed look linen trousers for work and I make sure everything else I wear is "sharp" (smart shirt/jacket/proper shoes) otherwise I look frumpy.

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 10:10:46

They are not lined- but they are not see through either- I steer clear of the visible thong through white linen- not that I wear a thong!

Ha- don't own a waterfall, or sequined sandals, or a T shirt as you describe - phew.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers/WM336/Womens-Drawstring-Linen-Trousers.html

This is them.

MadAboutHotChoc Thu 02-May-13 10:20:59

These look quite wide legged so look best with well fitted tops, which may be a problem on hot days if you are like me and hate tight fitting clothes when its very warm.

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 10:24:20

I'd prob wear a white T shirt- reasonably tight but not skin tight.

BarefootShirl Thu 02-May-13 11:18:49

I have a white pair of linen trousers and love them because they are so light and comfy in hot weather. Usually wear with t-shirt or loose floaty blouse. Have to admit they are not lined and quite see-through so no knickers blush

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 13:16:13

No knickers shock but what about the 'front parts' shock or are you a Hollywood lady?

And what about errrr. 'secretions'?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now