Talk

Advanced search

Non-pore-clogging high SPF tinted moisturiser

(9 Posts)
YoniOno Wed 01-May-13 21:49:30

Any tips?

Have been using La Roche Posay tinted moisturiser SPF50 and it clearly works, but seems to be giving me big cysty spots.

Got this week's Grazia and it has a leaflet from House of Fraser Beauty, has a thing about this Kiehl's one - anyone tried?

Have tried City Block, it's ok but not great. Want something for a basic daily slap it on type thing but high SPF.

thanks

YoniOno Thu 02-May-13 12:15:35

Anyone?

Lottapianos Thu 02-May-13 12:18:58

I use La Roche Posay 50+ but that's clearly not working for you.

I also like Rimmel BB cream which has SPF25, don't know if that's high enough for you.

Or Maybelline do a BB cream with SPF30 - I remember a poster saying she wore it every day on a hot sun holiday and didn't have a trace of sunburn.

VillaVillekulla Thu 02-May-13 12:22:36

Try Invisible Zinc. I also like the Bare Minerals tinted moisturiser with SPF. Strange that the La Roche Posay one had that effect. I thought they were meant to be good for acne prone and sensitive skin.

rootypig Thu 02-May-13 12:43:29

Budget? I have some suggestions but they're all a bit more expensive than the LRP.

You could look at makeup counters - there's a new Givenchy BB cream that is SPF 35 that's supposed to be good, Clinique have a CC cream that is SPF 30.

I prefer a dedicated sunscreen, I use the LRP without any probs but a couple of brands that are free of various nasties that could be bothering your skin are Ultrasun (oil and paraben free, they do an SPF 50+) and Supergoop , which has lots of skincare type ingredients.

rootypig Thu 02-May-13 12:44:47

NB Invisible Zinc uses nano particles - I am by no means qualified to comment but some people seem to be worried about the risks of them passing into the bloodstream. I have no idea if this is bunkum but since there are other brands I like, have chosen to steer clear.

YoniOno Thu 02-May-13 12:52:46

Ooh thanks for pointers. The Givenchy one was also in the Grazia leaflet, might go and try.

The LRP one is a good price, but I cba wearing something daily that gives me spots obv, so will spend more if necessary. I've just literally done a mud mask to deep cleanse after wearing it this morning, as it feels so clogged. I use LRP Cicaplast moisturiser with no probs, but the sunscreen is no good for me.

Looks like BB type things are the way forward for me then...

YoniOno Thu 02-May-13 12:55:47

Ultrasun looks good but I'd like an all-in-one thing that provides colour and light coverage, I just cba with full makeup day to day.

TigerseyeMum Thu 02-May-13 16:07:00

I use Laura Mercier SPF 20 tinted moisturiser (oil free) and its great.

I wear it over a light day moisturiser though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now