Talk

Advanced search

So you know when you use an eyebrow powder...

(8 Posts)
lizardqueenie Wed 01-May-13 21:09:17

To fill in the gaps & give brows a bit more definition, how do you avoid them look too harsh/ dark/ like a scary cross woman?

I've got v dark almost black hair & finally found a kit in Superdrug today that has perfect colours in & some gel. However tried to full in the gaps this evening & I think I frightened the delivery driver who knocked at the door! Is it a case of a lighter touch when applying or is there a knack to it?

OneLittleLady Wed 01-May-13 21:12:02

I think it's about getting the right colour and then applying lightly. My sister uses powder to fill her eyebrows and when she first started, it took her a few goes to get the application process right. Just keep practising and you'll get the hang of it. Just remember, less is more grin

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Wed 01-May-13 21:14:32

Keep practicising. I also recommend starting from about half way out as the ends of yours brows are generally thinner and need more/can take more definition. Then when the brush is a bit less full, go back and do the middle bit. It's going heavy on the middle bit that looks particularly scouse brow.

auldspinster Wed 01-May-13 22:11:49

I've got dark brown hair and eyebrows but I use a mink colour, best to err on the lighter side.

lizardqueenie Wed 01-May-13 22:19:13

Thanks all- good tips for not scaring small children. Shall give the gently gently approach a go tomorrow. The lighter brown shade is a bit too red but there is a darker one that is not black that might be a better colour

BinksToEnlightenment Wed 01-May-13 23:00:05

Brush it after you've applied it with an eyebrow brush.

Sh1ney Wed 01-May-13 23:06:07

There's probably no need to do it?

I use a mixture of Brow Zings by Benefit and also their Brow pencil. So, when using the Brow Zings I just apply the wax stuff with the little brush and leave it at that. The application of powder on top looks terrible, even using a light powder.

I don't find any problems with it all fading during the day or anything.

timidviper Wed 01-May-13 23:08:43

I have Brow Zings too but I only use the powder and I bought one that is lighter than you would expect for my hair colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now