Talk

Advanced search

Are chinos okay or have they had their day?

(7 Posts)
Heavenlywineandroses Wed 01-May-13 19:46:43

I wore chinos all last summer as I was pregnant and they were very forgiving. I don't get out much these days so I rely on Topshop.com ito gauge what's hot and what's not. They have three lousy pairs on this year. I take this to mean they are no longer acceptable. Am I right?

frankietwospots Wed 01-May-13 22:02:28

I love my chinos! Never bought a pair until last year and make sure I buy interesting colours rather than boring stone or navy. I buy all my chinos from H&M and I've got royal blue, bright red and purple. I wore the purple ones today with purple Converse, a grey top, denim jacket from Boden and a bright coloured scarf from Gap.

wiltingfast Wed 01-May-13 22:06:04

Jesus chinos?! Def not ok unless you really want to and topshop did have some in stock afterall

toffeefee Wed 01-May-13 22:08:37

I will be dragging mine out again this summer! What with all the different styles and colours of jeans, cropped, 7/8ths, jeggings etc about at the moment, I don't see what Chino's would be a no-no. I love them with flat strappy sandals and a vest top.

Heavenlywineandroses Thu 02-May-13 05:06:42

Thank you! Will check out the H&M ones next time they let me out smile.

Spookey80 Thu 02-May-13 09:35:18

I was wandering this too. I also wore chinos loads last year, but have pulled em out this year and nt so sure. However I will be wearing them as I like having something to wear with denim jackets, and these fit the bill.
Funny tho as I have just bought 2 pairs of jeans from topshop, one ripped pair which both feel more current to me.

JennySense Thu 02-May-13 10:05:07

What's the current alternative to chinos?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now