Talk

Advanced search

Cleanser recommendations please

(10 Posts)
DuffyMoon Wed 01-May-13 19:37:01

I currently use the philosophy all in one cleanser, which is good but have noticed I am starting to feel slightly dry after. I have combination skin and the simpler the cleanser the better so a wash or wipe off, takes everything off type thing...any ideas please or what do you use. Have used cloth cleansers and find them a bit of a faff.

Thank you

WallyBantersYoniBox Wed 01-May-13 23:41:55

I bought the Philosphy cleanser you have whilst on holiday in Feb and also noticed it was very drying. I had to use the exfoliant with it every time.

A friend recommended oil cleansing, and I went to the Shu Uemura counter in a dept store and tried some of the different oil cleansers there. They have different blends for different skin types. I have been using it for 3 weeks and the results have been excellent. No dryness.

You massage a pump of oil on your face and you can rinse off. It turns to a milk and washes easily. I usually apply it, clean my teeth and leave it soak, then just rinse my face in the shower. It removes make up brilliantly. I'd really recommend.

MacaYoniAndCheese Thu 02-May-13 00:04:55

YY to Oil cleansing. You don't have to get fancy; jojoba oil is lovely for combination skin. Just massage in, let it sit for a bit then wipe off with a warm, wet cloth or cotton balls. Finish with normal cleanser (cetaphil) or toner, if you like. I also use it instead of moisturizer at night...just rinse with warm water in the morning.

mrspaddy Thu 02-May-13 00:14:54

Could you use almond oil? I have a big bottle of it here and never know what to do with it. Love Dermalogica Pre Cleanse by the way.

squoosh Thu 02-May-13 00:18:55

Personally I love balm cleansers with a hot cloth but if you don't like using a cloth the Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is meant to be great.

HoneyStAngelo Thu 02-May-13 07:33:33

I buy baby wipes. I rinse one out under the hot water tap, wring it out and add a blob of whatever cleanser I am using and take off my make up that way. I find it makes the cleanser more effective at removing all traces of make up and the baby wipes are much better than using cotton wool pads.

When I'm in the bath I take a baby wipe and again wring it out and lay it over my face and it acts as a gentle way to steam my face.

If you use a toner, you can get another baby wipe and rinse it under the cold wter tap, wring it our and apply toner and its much more refreshing.

OrbisNonSufficit Thu 02-May-13 07:40:38

Definitely agree re oil cleansing. I use Anita Grant carrot and wheat germ cleanser to get makeup off. No dryness or oiliness. You do need to get the damp washcloth really hot to get it off properly though.

I also use lush angels on bare skin in the shower, it leaves my skin looking glowy (doesn't get makeup off though, hence two).

treaclesoda Thu 02-May-13 09:31:42

Body Shop Nutigranics do a gorgeous cleanser, 'Softening Cleansing Gel Oil'. It goes on as a gel, then as you massage it in and the heat of your skin melts it into an oil which rinses off easily.

It smells very strong though, which might be offputting if you don't like the fragrance.

DuffyMoon Fri 03-May-13 13:33:37

I have ordred the shu uemura cleansing oil - thank you all for replying smile

thriftychic Fri 03-May-13 15:40:40

i like the baby wipes idea honeystangelo , going to try that intead of cotton wool !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now