Talk

Advanced search

Come and talk to me of scarves...

(5 Posts)
betterthanthat Wed 01-May-13 19:27:04

I keep seeing (and occasionally buying) lots of pretty, lightweight, summery scarves. And yet whenever I attempt to wear one I look in the mirror and all I can see is my mother staring back at me. I'm 38 and you'd think I'd have figured it out by now but I can't seem to master how to make them look stylish. I do have a rather thick neck and wonder whether actually I'm better just steering clear, but does anyone have any good pointers (eg youtube videos/pictures) of how to wear them?

I know this is dull as dishwater and for that apologies, but I'm keen to find a way of adding a bit of a splash of colour to otherwise dull monocolour dresses or top/skirt combos.

nothruroad Wed 01-May-13 19:31:14

25 ways to wear a scarf

CalamityKate Wed 01-May-13 19:40:28

I'll be watching with interest!

I've got a short thick neck and I don't think I can "do" scarves but I love them.

Bodicea Wed 01-May-13 21:57:18

Try tying them at a jaunty angle air hostess stylee - poss only applys to silky ones.
also the cowboy style is a young look. Fold a square scarf in half corner to corner to make triangle - main triangle bit at front. pull two ends round neck and back round to front does that make sense. Total non mum look.

claredickinson Thu 02-May-13 10:29:43

I found some great ways to wear your scarf at pinterest.com/countingflowers/how-to-tie-your-scarf/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now