Talk

Advanced search

Avon - what do I need?

(13 Posts)

There's an Avon catalogue in our office and we're just having a flick through.

Are there any miracle products I'm missing out on?

I'm quite pale with normal/dry skin and very dark hair.

Early 30's and gorgeous, obviously grin

valiumredhead Wed 01-May-13 13:25:53

People will tell you that you need the magix primer - ignore them, it stinks!

Glimmer sticks are FAB!

Callisto Wed 01-May-13 13:30:24

I second the glimmer sticks. I've got about 7 in different colours and they are great. I also quite like some of the eye shadows but I don't rate any of the concealers or foundations that I've tried.

valiumredhead Wed 01-May-13 13:33:16

Their mineral powder foundation if you can get the right colour is great as well.

toffeefee Wed 01-May-13 14:04:15

Glimmer sticks, eyelid primer, ANEW 'clinical eye lift' eye cream, Skin so soft dry oil spray, quick dry nail spray thing, and all the nail varnishes are fab too! (Love it when the Avon book pops through the door!)

toffeefee Wed 01-May-13 14:04:47

Oooh, almost forgot, their Argan oil range is brilliant.

barleysugar Wed 01-May-13 14:24:38

The colourtrend lipsticks are lovely, they don't taste like margarine, and stay quite well.

The yellow tube of mascara is fab too.

puggirl Wed 01-May-13 16:48:39

The Argan oil treatment (in a turquoise tube) is worth getting and frequently on offer.

pocketandsweet Wed 01-May-13 20:18:11

Can anyone tell me about the bubble bath? My dds are desperate to try the stuff in old- fashioned plastic bottles ( that I swear haven't changed since I was a kid alooooong time ago). Also the sleep /pillow must stuff?

WeAreSix Wed 01-May-13 20:21:43

Oh yes, glimmer sticks. Love them!

I wish they still did the kids stuff they had when I was little, my DDs would like it.

pocketandsweet Wed 01-May-13 20:24:40

I remember little plastic perfume brooches. They were awesome..... My dds would adore them.

OneLittleLady Wed 01-May-13 20:38:13

I still have two of the old Avon perfume bottles, one's a swan with a gold crown and the other is an egg with flowers and butterflies on it grin no idea what was once in them though

pocketandsweet Wed 01-May-13 20:46:37

I can't understand why they wouldn't be tapping into their past archive rather than doing the clothes and jewellery that seem largely uninspired. If anyone from Avon HQ sees this PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now