Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend not quite petite but not quite normal clothes?

(7 Posts)
lainiekazan Wed 01-May-13 13:18:08

I am 5.3 and a bit, and find I am too tall for petite, but too short for normal sizing.

I am generally quite small, so most ranges - particularly of more expensive shops - swamp me.

I am fed up with looking for some jeans that are not trailing along the ground nor doing the mum ankle-skim thing. Having them turned up looks a bit Carol-Middletony - as if I should be sporting a nice blazer as well.

Anyone any ideas?

letsgoeskimo Wed 01-May-13 13:44:47

My mum is the same height and she buys regular length and gets them turned up professionally and you wouldn't even know.
Could this work for you?

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 01-May-13 16:42:40

I'm 5'3 and have the same problem. I have everything taken up by my local dry cleaner or sometimes use wonderweb on hems if it's not something expensive. Only solution I find.

bella65 Wed 01-May-13 19:43:09

I find Mint Velvet small fitting, and French Connection.

bella65 Wed 01-May-13 19:47:27

Sorry didn't realise it was for jeans- if you can get to London then Uniqlo hem them free- or for £2,50- on the spot- brilliant.

lainiekazan Thu 02-May-13 11:20:17

Thanks. Not in London, but I'll try Mint Velvet.

givemeaclue Thu 02-May-13 12:03:15

Yes!
I am petite and size 12. But big hips. Wallis jeans (bizarrely) are the ones that fit me best and I now always go there. They do a petite range but also the normal range are not particularly long, I have sometimes just bought the normal range he they haven't got petite in my size. In fact yesterday I bought black petite jeans from there but also bright blue regular jeans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now