Talk

Advanced search

In light of the mumsie thread where should a 45 year old shop

(13 Posts)
Sonnet Wed 01-May-13 07:18:38

I usually use next as it is 'convenient' .....

I am 5.2 and a size 10. I work in an office, quite smart, 3 days per week and tend to wear this winter dresses and cardis or trousers and smart top.

I struggle with casual and have yet to find a decent fit pair of jeans. Whilst I am a size 10 they are a little tight but am currently loosing a few pounds

Any suggestions?

WipsGlitter Wed 01-May-13 07:22:18

I'm not sure if its about a shop more a frame of mind! I wear H&M, Wallis (jeans), Boden. I don't think I'm mumsy but I'm not stylish either! Although scub up ok when need to.

dexter73 Wed 01-May-13 07:23:59

Anywhere that sells clothes you like.

OrbisNonSufficit Wed 01-May-13 07:33:54

I just use asos.com mostly (sale section only, avoid the cheap tat and you can get some great bargains on interesting small designers), or the outnet sometimes.

I keep my pinterest 'lookbook' handy while I'm doing it do I don't get too distracted and buy the wrong thing!

When I feel like splashing out I tend to look in Comptoir des Cotonniers or Whistles, again sale stuff only (why pay full price in a struggling retail market?) and I LOVE the Kooples although the prices scare me.

Ruffello Wed 01-May-13 09:00:09

I like Gap, H&M, White Stuff and Uniqlo for smart casual clothes. I'm also a size 10 and a few years older than the OP.

Ihatemytoes Wed 01-May-13 09:20:10

What dexter said.

BIWI Wed 01-May-13 09:23:09

I'm 53 and I shop anywhere I bloody like. Convenience is important, so often find myself in a large M&S near me, or Next/Debenhams/Monsoon - any of the shops in the nearest shopping centre.

Age is not a barrier. Nor should be the sneeriness and general snobbiness and age discrimination that pervades all those S&B threads.

Make sure that you like what you buy, and that it fits you/suits you.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Wed 01-May-13 09:26:08

I <3 BIWI

BIWI Wed 01-May-13 09:26:48

grin

freddiefrog Wed 01-May-13 09:29:12

I shop everywhere and anywhere.

I use Pinterest and Polyvore to find styles and ideas that suit me and I like then go forth and shop

Sh1ney Wed 01-May-13 13:33:35

Shop where you like!

I am 41. I buy a lot of stuff from Top Shop, Mint Velvet, New Look, Gap... wherever I feel like and places that I have always shopped in.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 01-May-13 14:02:36

46 (nearly 47 eek )
Size 14 top / 12 bottom
5'5" in bare feet

(So pretty 'average' )

I'm a Tesco for jeans and M&S for most other things.
I buy bits from Primark when I get taken in there by DD grin
Sometimes Sainsburys when I'm shopping (though WTF with GokWan stuff shock )

And QVC - yaaaay !

LittleFrieda Wed 01-May-13 15:16:04

Jigsaw, Jaeger, Alice Temperley ('Somerset' from JL). I find M&S depressing beyond belief these days.

I love Zara but their clothes are too slim-cut for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now