Talk

Advanced search

Boden linen tees- any good?

(12 Posts)
Spookey80 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:31:10

I really like the zara linen t- shirts they bring out each year, but as I am quite petite around y shoulders they never fit me right.
I was thinking of trying th boden ones, but for some reason boden have taken the reviews off and I'm unsure how they will fit, don't know what side to get.

Anyone tried them?
Or alternatives around?
Thks

dexter73 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:34:30

Next do them too.

MildredH Tue 30-Apr-13 20:40:54

I got a nice navy one from h&m LOGG range. I'm also petite in the upper body and its a great fit..

Sorry- tried to find link but h&m website too annoying for words!!

bella65 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:06:16

Boden one was about true to size- I ordered an 8 and it was okay- am an 8-10. However it was really thin- so I returned. It was pale grey and you could see my tummy through it-not a good look in your 50s.

Nehru Tue 30-Apr-13 21:07:12

H and m. Half the price.

fairlytiredallthetime Tue 30-Apr-13 22:37:43

If it was the linen slub tee you were looking at in Boden, I'd steer clear. It wasn't great and got returned sharpish. The fabric was scratchy and it was really see through. It looked like it wouldn't have washed well either.

BettyTurpinEyes Wed 01-May-13 10:04:38

I wouldn't touch the Next ones with a bargepole! I had three, loved the cut and fit, then each one was ruined in the wash - one developed a huge hole, another shrank to half its original size, and the third just seemed to turn into a dishcloth. It's a real shame, as I loved the colours they came in.

I have a couple of the Boden ones, and I have to say they have been great. They wash well and have kept their shape fine. I do layer them over a long vest as they are indeed pretty see-through, but that's the way I would wear them anyway tbh. They are quite short, and I have a long body, so I tend to layer a shorter more boxy style over a longer fitted one - perfectly concealing my muffin-top at the same time grin

VillaVillekulla Wed 01-May-13 10:20:55

Another vote for H&M. I've got a nice cream coloured one. Can't remember how much it cost but it was cheap and it looks good IMO.

boatclub Wed 01-May-13 20:58:13

another one who has returned a Boden one because it was scratchy and see through. Shame because I had a short sleeved version from them last year which was great

Cherrypie32 Wed 01-May-13 21:42:16

I'm wearing the Boden one today for 1st time, as other poster says above, with long vest underneath. It is quite short and size up if unsure. I like it but am slightly worried about washing as not very careful with the laundry and prefer to tumble and not iron. I fear it may end up at bottom of drawer looking like a rag grin

BeattieBow Thu 02-May-13 06:38:19

I have returned both Zara and Boden ones because they are too see through and baggy too. I have 2 from Zara from last year, which were much better.

I just got a couple of t shirts from Whistles in the end. I'm also going to head to Gap I think for normal t-shirts.

LaTrucha Thu 02-May-13 07:03:32

The Boden one was completely see through but the fit was nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now