Talk

Advanced search

dp has bought me a stripey coat!!

(10 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 30-Apr-13 20:20:06

it's black and white stripes.

i usually wear indigo jeans/ballet pumps or black boots......what tops can i wear under it that won't look strange??????

i felt a tad out of place wearing it earlier so could do with a bit of help with this one please?

DearPrudence Tue 30-Apr-13 20:20:50

Link?

How long is it?

lucysmam Tue 30-Apr-13 20:35:01

no idea how to link from my phone, sorry!

it's single breasted, v neck, belt at the waist and two big pockets over mid thigh ish. just above knee length on me (am a five foot tall short arse!). stripes are maybe half an inch wide too. if that helps picture it at all smile

YoniOno Tue 30-Apr-13 20:35:49

Sounds v cool! I guess with brightly
Coloured top underneath, or print clash if you're brave? Will take thought, it's part of your outfit rather than something to chuck on top.

lucysmam Tue 30-Apr-13 20:39:23

i think that's what made my head go confused when he produced it, it's very similar in style to my ancient and battered winter coat but stripes are a new one for me.

will have to do a bit of trying on and just wear it i think to get used to them

dexter73 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:40:09

Where is it from? I can look it up and link it for you.

lucysmam Tue 30-Apr-13 20:46:36

he picked it up in one of the nicer charity shops in town, tags still on too!

i think from the label it's originally from very or littlewoods maybe, it's not a brand i've ever heard of but can't remember what it is without getting up again......something like 'coast'or 'style'

mrgarybarlow Tue 30-Apr-13 22:27:47

Red, pink, jade, yellow. Most colours really. It sounds nice.

lucysmam Wed 01-May-13 07:48:54

it is really nice, just a big change from plain bright red! confused

LadyBigtoes Wed 01-May-13 11:10:28

It sounds great. I think it would look good with a plain orange top, or any plain bright colour, but also (if feeling less bold) with grey or black underneath. And/or experiment with prints - a black and white floral print would be funky, or a multicoloured small print.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now