Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want hair like Lulu's? i'm 20 years younger.

(7 Posts)
JennyMackerz Tue 30-Apr-13 17:50:16

Growing out short hair. I've liked having it short, but now I want something a bit softer, bit longer. I got a pamphlet thing through the door, for specsavers ha ha, and Lulu's hair on the cover of it is so flattering. Am I going to be kindly told to get a life (like that lday who linked to those awful comfortable shoes recently).

JennyMackerz Tue 30-Apr-13 17:52:26

like this! i'm sure i have a toy microphone somewhere. it's red.

ZZZenagain Tue 30-Apr-13 17:54:16

I quite like it if you have thick hair. Wouldn't do it if your hair is very fine. A lot of hair goes on the fringe, that wouldn't work for me. It is an ok look. I don't see why you shouldn't try it.

JennyMackerz Tue 30-Apr-13 17:57:01

I do have very thick hair. It's wavy. Not curly though. I am having an easier time of things now that a bit of wave and thickness in your hair doesn't look freakily UNgroomed, but for a long time, em, the nineties! I was getting up at 6 am to spend 45 minutes straightening my hair.
The last decade I've just straightened the front /top fringe, and whatever the hell the rest of my hair is up to, well, if I'm not confronted with it when i look in the mirror then I can cope!

hollyisalovelyname Tue 30-Apr-13 18:08:47

I've just cut out a pic of Lulu advertising specsavers or something to bring to the hairdressers. Of course she has nice hair.....Her ex husband was/is is John Frieda ( i think )

JennyMackerz Tue 30-Apr-13 18:10:47

Let me know the hairdresser's reaction when you get back. And what your hair is like, and how the haircut works out. (that's a lot of information I want from you!) flowers

bulletproofgerbil Tue 30-Apr-13 20:28:24

I've always loved Lulu's hair. It is a bit like Meg Ryan used to have hers. V pretty and cute. If you have the right sort of hair then I'd go for it. Good luck. I had mine a bit like that in my 20's and 30's. Can't do it now as my hair is too thin but I would it I could. I think it would work well on anyone from mid-20's onwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now