Talk

Advanced search

foundation pilling, ahh!

(9 Posts)
muchchocolate Tue 30-Apr-13 14:09:31

what is it that makes foundation pill? I'm guessing it's the mix of the moisturiser underneath and the foundation- I waited a good hour for my moisturiser to settle and still got the little bobbles! I'm using doublewear and a nivea day moisturiser. any ideas how to stop it happening?

muchchocolate Tue 30-Apr-13 19:00:48

bump, any ideas anyone?

Eliza22 Tue 30-Apr-13 19:06:40

Could be any serum. I find my moisturiser fine. On days when I remember to use the serum, my foundation application is a right performance!

Have started only using serum at night.

YoniOno Tue 30-Apr-13 19:56:43

Do you exfoliate regularly? I think it's skin flakes. Or when I sweat blush

Fanjounchained Tue 30-Apr-13 20:18:57

Exfoliate and use an oil free moisturiser as i think DW is also oil free ?

muchchocolate Tue 30-Apr-13 20:24:20

thanks all, I do exfoliate regularly so think maybe trying an oil free moisturiser is the answer. I chop and change moisturiser and some give me problems, some don't - just can't remember which ones are which! smile smile

knitknack Tue 30-Apr-13 21:06:55

It's to do with silicone vs water (or something) so if your foundation has one in and moisteriser the other they will react.

FrugalFashionista Tue 30-Apr-13 21:12:38

One rule of thumb is to check the ingredient lists and see that the first listed ingredients match. Sounds like you are trying to spread a water-based product over oil. Switch to a much lighter moisturizer or moisturize at night. If you need a primer, pick a water-based product.

muchchocolate Tue 30-Apr-13 21:42:34

right, just been at the shops and purchased an oil free moisturiser so hopefully that will work! grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now