Talk

Advanced search

alternatives to ballet flats or converse

(12 Posts)
ChairmanoftheBored Tue 30-Apr-13 11:34:54

I have quite wide feet with a rather delightful bunion on one foot. I live and breathe in converse.

I love the look of ballet pumps but can't wear them as they cripple me and are awful for your feet anyway.

What can I wear as an alternative? So bored with converse and not quite sandal weather yet, any ideas?

ToastedTeacakes Tue 30-Apr-13 11:46:13

I would suggest a comfy wedge - sandal for summer, or perhaps a t-bar low wedge court for winter.

I find low heels far easier on my feet than flats (which i gave up trying to wear), so often choose a shoe with a 1-2 inch heel.
You could try brogues, if they're your thing, too. Easy to adapt for both warm and cold weather.

To be honest, all closed-in shoes hurt my feet. I am only really comfy in open sandals or boots, so the inbetween months are a pain in the arse for me.

This summer i shall continue to wear my ankle boots with jeans and skirts, and hopefully my wedge sandals.

Callisto Tue 30-Apr-13 11:51:50

Yuck, hate ballet flats and will never wear them. Connies are great but if you have wide feet could they be exacerbating your bunion?

I have worn my not-quite-loafers a couple of times in the last week and had compliments on them. Proper loafers are nice too, especially the ones with the snaffle bit on the front. Or you could get some deck shoes or brogues?

HettyWainthropp Tue 30-Apr-13 12:30:36

I have these brogues which I really like as an alternative and I am looking out for some loafers too.

deleted203 Tue 30-Apr-13 12:32:58

I wear these for work. They are very comfy!

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20351144?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product-Listing-Ads-_-PLA-_-la&prof=432&camp=27121&affcode=kw998996&cid={creative&kpid=20351144}

JohnSnowsTie Tue 30-Apr-13 13:10:08

Oooh soworn I had the black version of those a couple of years back... they were like walking on clouds. Temped to get an updated pair, but not sure about the sparkles!

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Apr-13 13:29:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Apr-13 13:31:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YoniRanger Tue 30-Apr-13 14:54:11

Blowfish do a lovely flat ankle strappy flat that is the only shoe I have every enjoyed wearing grin

YoniRanger Tue 30-Apr-13 14:56:31

Here
http://m.schuh.co.uk/product.aspx?icode=1341317060

StairsInTheNight Tue 30-Apr-13 17:07:19

crocs do a nice wide flat ballet pump style shoe. Quite plain and dont look like crocs. Cant link as on phone but they are very comfy!

madmomma Tue 30-Apr-13 19:39:06

the clarks henderson way brogues feel like butter on my buniony feet OP. They are sooo kind to knackered feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now