Talk

Advanced search

House of Colour - is it worth it?

(9 Posts)
Mashedupbanana Mon 29-Apr-13 22:30:11

I'm thinking of getting my colours done as I'm in need of a shopping trip for a new job and a lot of my clothes are the wrong size /shape at the moment and I would like a starting point.
I've only ever heard of HOC on here and I'm just wondering if it is worth doing. Is it just for the very dowdy, in need of a makeover Gok Wan style or is it useful for the (relatively) stylish too. I'm youngish (30) and get the impression it may be more of a middle age boost thing but I'm tempted to try it.... Any experience?

Casmama Mon 29-Apr-13 22:43:41

I'm 33 and had it done last year. It means that I don't waste money on things that will sit in my wardrobe because they don't suit me. I also find my clothes go together a lot better and that gives me more flexibility in terms of outfits. Also shopping is much faster because I can ignore large sections of clothing if not in my colours.
I would not say I have ever been dowdy and would definitely recommend.

QueenCadbury Tue 30-Apr-13 07:44:42

I've just had mine done age 39 and relatively stylish. It was totally worth it. I did travel though to go to the consultant that I thought was right for me eg young and stylish as opposed to my local ones who looked more mature. I'm sure they would have been very good too but I just felt more comfortable seeing someone who leads a similar lifestyle. I now love having my wallet and matching clothes to it <sad>!

MadAboutHotChoc Tue 30-Apr-13 10:44:17

My colours were done in my late 20s. Saved me a huge fortune by avoiding mistakes and it also meant I got married in my best colours.

TravelinColour Tue 30-Apr-13 18:03:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mashedupbanana Tue 30-Apr-13 22:11:19

Thanks all. I've got an appointment for Saturday. grin

TravelinColour Tue 30-Apr-13 22:36:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Casmama Tue 30-Apr-13 22:45:51

Good for you, come back and tell us what you come out as.

Mashedupbanana Sat 04-May-13 15:05:29

Hi all, I'm Winter (Jewel Winter). Queencadbury, are you winter too? I think we had the same consultant (Exeter).
Any shopping suggestions very welcome. I'm looking for both workwear and casual. Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now