Talk

Advanced search

Cropped trousers - yay or nay

(8 Posts)
WipsGlitter Mon 29-Apr-13 22:25:47

I need to get a few things for wearing to work in the summer. I saw some tailored cropped trousers in Wallis - there're smart not yer linen drawstring waist jobbies. But now not sure - are they a bit meh?

Any other suggestions for summer workwear?? I saw a casual jersey dress in Boden and thought they looked ok.

I hate dressing for work in the summer!!!

frazmum Tue 30-Apr-13 08:15:10

I had so lovely tan ones for the last two summers (and just about cried when the zip broke and the couldn't be repaired). I think they look very smart and can be worn with a cardy or dressed up with a blazer.

Eliza22 Tue 30-Apr-13 08:31:02

I have them in stone, tan and navy. I'd have nothing to wear, in the summer, without them. No elasticated waists and a nice little pleat at the ankle.

Avenue57 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:11:13

I have the perfect pair from Next - I love them and can dress up for work or down at the weekend - they fit really nicely too
They look nothing on the website but they are gorgeous!
www.next.co.uk/x5134s9#134820x51

NotMostPeople Tue 30-Apr-13 10:56:39

Cropped no, 7/8th lovely.

WipsGlitter Tue 30-Apr-13 10:58:01

I mean sort of above ankle not in the calf zone!

amazingface Tue 30-Apr-13 11:01:20

Yeah, I think they're good for summer and they suit many women well because they keep you cool without having to worry about the pasty leg issue - i.e., whether or not to use fake tan.

Agree that they look less meh with and more cool with a blazer and the right shoes. You know what, though, I often just cuff my existing trousers for summer. I really like cuffed skinnies and cuffed boyfriend jeans but even smarter trousers look good for summer when they're slightly 'rolled'. Have a really good look at your existing wardrobe, see what you could adapt, and just buy one or two summer pieces would be my advice. Bloody summer never lasts long enough to justify any major S/S purchases in my experience sad

carrie74 Tue 30-Apr-13 11:10:32

I wear cigarette pants (Banana Republic and Zara, but the Zara ones haven't worn well) and dresses to work in the summer (--and the linen slightly bootcut beige trousers that are years old but are old faithfuls, and I happen to be wearing them today--)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now