Talk

Advanced search

Good places for cardigens

(12 Posts)
GeekLove Mon 29-Apr-13 22:12:05

Hi
I am looki g for good quality cardigans to go with trousers and dresses either cropped ballerina cardigans or longer ones ideally tailored.
I really want one that would go nicely with a 1950s style black and white rockabilly dress. I have t got a huge budget but would rather buy a couple of decent ones rather than cheap tha don't last. Any ideas?

GeekLove Mon 29-Apr-13 22:47:40

Don't tell me no-one wears cardigans anymore?

Waferthinmint Mon 29-Apr-13 22:48:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fossil971 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:49:10

Woolovers is mid-range and at least not the dreaded viscose.

(Cardigan addict)

fossil971 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:49:47

You have to see past the tragic catalogue styling though grin

AnyFucker Mon 29-Apr-13 22:51:09

I have about two dozen cardis

I love 'em (and am a bit nesh too)

I have cheapy throwaway ones from H+M and Zara, good quality ones from Warehouse, Mexx and All Saints.

ja9 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:54:09

Woolovers items are actually very very nice (agree re their catalogue...and they email you every 5 mins but then so does Johnnie Bo)

GeekLove Mon 29-Apr-13 22:54:43

Thanks!

I want cardigans that can dress up/down an outfit and I still want to keep my goth/rock style.
I have two conferences one in the summer so I need to look presentable but most of my cardies are the cheaply grungy end.

KeatsiePie Mon 29-Apr-13 23:59:40

I don't know why it's so hard to find a decent cardigan -- at least in the US, where I am. Decent cardigan = wool or cashmere (which I can't afford) or some sort of blend that keeps it from being all floppy, i.e. not all-cotton, useless. And of ordinary length, like falling around the waist, not either ridiculously cropped or so long that it's a damn coat. It's like looking for the grail. Am now looking to see if Woolovers will ship to the US without too much of a charge.

KeatsiePie Tue 30-Apr-13 00:00:47

GeekLove, you might try Etsy. In desperation I started looking for vintage cardigans there and have found a couple of nice ones. Some Etsy shops have lovely handmade ones too but those tend to be expensive.

CleopatrasAsp Tue 30-Apr-13 00:11:34

I love cardies but I've had to re-sew on every button on every cardigan I've ever bought from Woolovers shortly after I've bought them, they're quite poor quality IMO and they're not cheap.

JazzDalek Tue 30-Apr-13 00:36:16

I have two of these, one from last year and one from the year before and they are THE most useful and flattering cardies I own. I never tie them, just wear them open, and something about the shape is just gorgeous on. I haven't bought one this year as am not keen on the colours, but I assume they are the same, although they have changed the fabric from merino to a cotton / silk mix.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK843/Womens-Tie-Front-Cardigan.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now