Talk

Advanced search

Dark denim that marks everything it touches

(8 Posts)
Notcontent Mon 29-Apr-13 21:52:39

Just wore a new coral handbag (pretending it's really spring) with some new dark jeans and the the blue dye from the jeans marked the bag quite significantly. I have managed to wash most of it off, but there is still a very faint mark. I have had the same thing happen in the past with pale shoes and pale tops.

I know there is usually a warning on the jeans about this, but really? How are you supposed to avoid touching anything with the jeans you are wearing?

Anyone want to share my pain or is it just me...

thepeanutsparent Mon 29-Apr-13 21:56:56

Not just you...I was teaching last week. I looked down at my hands in the afternoon and thought out loud- 'that's weird why do I have blue hands'. Students said they were wondering the same thing. Must have come off my new jeans. They'd already been through the wash twice though- I think thats a bit dye excessive!

tiokiko Mon 29-Apr-13 22:16:42

Try hairspray to get the marks off your bag - I agree, v annoying

Notcontent Mon 29-Apr-13 22:29:12

Thanks for the tip!

mathanxiety Tue 30-Apr-13 02:31:00

You are going to bin the jeans, right?

dexter73 Tue 30-Apr-13 06:36:03

A friend of mine make an awful mark on her cream sofa with dye rubbing off from jeans. It is very annoying.

mewkins Tue 30-Apr-13 07:27:04

Give the jeans a couple of washes inside out to get the excess dye off.

TheCraicDealer Tue 30-Apr-13 11:15:10

I this problem with ballet pumps/shoes and jeans, even ones I've had donkeys years. Is there anything you can put on your shoes to protect them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now