Talk

Advanced search

Breast feeding in the summer

(7 Posts)
Neiffer Mon 29-Apr-13 16:51:56

Afternoon ladies
I've just started to mildly panic and hoping you can help!
I'm due dc2 in July and planning on b feeding. I had dc1 in January and my wardrobe for b feeding was a best top to yank down with a t shirt on too, then cardies etc. this is obviously going to be too hot in summer. Herein lies the problem. My boobs are ginormous and I don't fit into any of the 'feeding' tops you can buy. Feeding bras also make my boobs hang quite low and have hideous wide straps I'd rather not show off. I also would like go cover my stomach if possible. And I'm very skint. What shall I do?!

KristinaM Mon 29-Apr-13 17:24:21

The best bf bra you can afford .go for support not appearance

Long loose top . Shove baby up top

ShoeJunkie Mon 29-Apr-13 17:29:53

Bump bands under your top - it stops your post pregnancy belly being on display. I did this last summer and didn't get too hot.

This is what I wore last summer (DS born April):

Anita underwired nursing bra
H & M cotton vest (I like the thicker strap ones as cover bra straps)
Looser t shirt on top (zara linen tees are good) or loose jumper to do the pull down vest, pull up jumper thing
Shorts, tube skirt, slim or skinny jeans

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Apr-13 17:55:57

I got nursing vests - think they were bravado and then a loose linen or fine cotton shirt on top.

You can do this then with jeans/trousers/skirts.

I found dresses tricksy personally for being discreet but a shirt dress or sort of crossover top could work.

Neiffer Tue 30-Apr-13 07:13:13

Thank you! Those Anita bras look amazing, why didnt I find them last time!

BranchingOut Tue 30-Apr-13 07:18:16

Buy some nursing vests, then if the bra-shelf is not supportive enough, cut it out with scissors. Wear over a nursing bra. Then you have the drop-clips on both.

Light shirt over the top and you are good to go.

I like Emma Jane nursing vests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now