Talk

Advanced search

Secondhand Maternity Clothes?

(10 Posts)
eastlondonlady Mon 29-Apr-13 15:25:30

Hi ladies,
I'm new to Mumsnet so apologies if this thread has been done, but wondering if anyone in London (or close by) could recommend any secondhand clothes shops with a good maternity section.

On a budget but don't want to buy online - want to see this changing bod in the clothes before I buy!!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

dinkystinky Mon 29-Apr-13 15:27:00

Try NCT nearly new sales - there will be lots of maternity wear there. Take a look on the NCT website to find out next sales in your area.

OneLittleLady Mon 29-Apr-13 15:37:59

Not second hand but Primark has started to do maternity jeans if you're looking for budget pieces. I'm not expecting but I've looked at them with my sister and she bought a couple and said they were great. I can't imagine that the larger London stores won't stock them as they seem to be quite popular.

eastlondonlady Mon 29-Apr-13 15:42:20

Thanks, OneLittleLady - keen to stick with secondhand if poss smile

NCT is a great idea, thanks dinky!

Anyone been to any shops that sell 2nd hand maternity wear? Seems to be a bit of a shortage!

Catlike Mon 29-Apr-13 16:25:10

Car boot sales might be worth a look. And maybe check the 2nd hand items for sale section in your local paper.

SparePants Mon 29-Apr-13 16:30:58

Our local Shelter shop gets regular donations from Jojo Maman Babe - new but last season stock. It might be a national thing so if you have a local Shelter it might be worth asking in there.

dinkystinky Mon 29-Apr-13 16:35:02

Also check your local Freecycle/Freegle for maternity wear.

I havent really noticed any specific maternity wear second hand shops around though.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 29-Apr-13 21:25:55

Another recommendation for NCT sales. What about gumtree ? Or a wanted advert on here?

Waferthinmint Mon 29-Apr-13 22:50:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eastlondonlady Tue 30-Apr-13 09:22:50

Thanks everyone. Just seems like it would be nice to try before you buy (or get for free from freecycle!) - gap in the market there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now