Talk

Advanced search

Overwhelmed! Help!

(10 Posts)
issimma Mon 29-Apr-13 15:02:18

Just realised that this month I have a baby shower, night out (casual), dh bday, bbq and uni reunion lunch. I have very few clothes and have been living in tshirt and jeans since birth of dc2. I am also on a budget.

I think I'm going to wear boyfriend jeans and hasbeens on my bottom half. Unless you tell me this sounds hideous. So, I need boyf jeans (non-distressed) and a top that will hide post elcs podge and is in summer colours (not black or white). I have topshop ponte blazers in case it's chilly.

Failing that, I have a navy wrap dress and would just need shoes - low to no heel.

Style me up!

AmberNectarine Mon 29-Apr-13 17:07:00

Can summers wear mint or lilac?

rubylovescheese Mon 29-Apr-13 17:19:39

do you mean seaspnal summer colours or that you are a summer by analysis? zara draped linen tops very forgiving. have just bought spme boyfriend jeans from esprit which aren't really distressed. nice colour just don't suit me.

issimma Mon 29-Apr-13 18:22:17

By analysis, ruby-,have heard good things about zara linen tops- , and can do lilac amber (and poss mint, need slap on wrist for constantly forgetting!).
Got some gap sexy boyfriends en route smile.

AmberNectarine Mon 29-Apr-13 18:48:05

Ok, this is NOT me trying to plug my blog, I just cannot find the top online, but I bought a lovely broderie top from TU at sainsbos here which comes in mint and lilac and looks great with boyfriend jeans. At £18 could be worth a look.

monkeysmama Mon 29-Apr-13 18:52:51

Zara have a really flattering draped top in mint here in white. I would wear it with skinnies though.

rubylovescheese Mon 29-Apr-13 19:28:33

yes was thinking of similar to that one. I would also wear with skinnies because I just can't find any boyfriend jeans that look good on me.

issimma Mon 29-Apr-13 19:39:12

The Zara one wouldn't work with my olympic-swimmer shoulders, but I do like the Tu ones. I've found this lace top via 40bum lady and am trying to convince myself it's off-white, budget friendly, and possible to bf in hmm.

issimma Mon 29-Apr-13 19:50:09

Potential from matalan. £10, broderie anglaise, lots of colours.

AmberNectarine Mon 29-Apr-13 20:04:35

Matalan one pretty much identical to mine save for the jersey back. V nice! I love a bit of broderie for summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now