Talk

Advanced search

I have £150 to spend on a suit for work. Where should I go?

(9 Posts)
grandtoseeyou Sun 28-Apr-13 19:55:51

I'm in my 50s, 5ft 9ins, size 10/12 and need a suit (trousers and a jacket) for work. Any colour/style is fine - doesn't need to be ultra businessy -it just needs to fit me well, which most don't.

Any thoughts on where I might look?

ImaHexGirl Sun 28-Apr-13 20:28:23

Whereabouts are you? It might be worth looking for an LK Bennett outlet store as you can get suits for that price there. Otherwise House of Fraser?

Hanginggardenofboobylon Sun 28-Apr-13 20:43:20

Hobbs outlet store is good

Hanginggardenofboobylon Sun 28-Apr-13 20:43:46

Meant to say 'online' outlet store

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Sun 28-Apr-13 20:45:39

Dorothy Perkins? You would probably get some change too.

Pusspuss1 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:44:27

I'm a similar size and shape to you. Suggest Austin Reed. Hobbs suits are always too short in the arms for me!

Pusspuss1 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:47:48

I'm about your height and shape - suggest Austin Reed. A nice, good quality wool suit from them will be smart and will last you ages. They do very good sales.

Reposting this because my posts keep getting lost... :-(

noviceoftheday Mon 29-Apr-13 19:48:30

Austin Reed. Terrific quality. Wait until the sales if possible and £150 will get you a great suit.

aftermay Mon 29-Apr-13 20:28:16

I got something in HoF last week. I haven't worn it yet but it looks good. I think I'll wear the skirt first, then the jacket with something else then the whole suit. You can see I haven't worn one in a while. I couldn't find anything in the other big shops suggested (for a similar budget).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now