Talk

Advanced search

What socks/tights can I wear with these shoes?

(8 Posts)
Areyoumadorisitme Sun 28-Apr-13 14:21:38

Hello all

I have no natural sense of style at all so forgive the basic question.

Sketchers t bar shoes

I have the above shoes for casual summer shoes. I originally intended to wear them barefoot but I can only do this for a limited amount of time before they rub. So the question is could I wear some sort of sock/tight or pop sock with these without looking really stupid? I usually wear jeans or black work trousers and very rarely skirts or dresses.

I am quite restricted with shoes as I have to wear medical orthotic insoles so the shoes need to be wide fitting and fairly flat (2" max heel).

Any help gratefully accepted re the above shoes ideally or other suggestions for summer shoes. I can't do flip-flops or shoes without a back at all and want something slightly smarter than that anyway.

Thank you all smile

trixymalixy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:23:38

You could wear a pop sock. Alternatively I have heard good things about silk foot spray helping with shoes that rub, but haven't tried it myself.

I wear black socks under mine... fashion fail I know, but I hate bare feet in shoes ..they feel yuk!

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 15:04:18

I would wear plain black.

Areyoumadorisitme Sun 28-Apr-13 15:08:39

Thank you.

Will look up that silk foot spray.

So black thin socks might not be so disastrous??

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 15:28:51

Primark and Tesco do trouser socks, they are much finer than usual ones, I think they would be ok.

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 15:29:58

If there is a particular spot that rubs, put Vaseline on the shoe to soften it a bit.

Areyoumadorisitme Sun 28-Apr-13 16:03:59

Thank you for tips re Vaseline and tesco trouser socks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now