Talk

Advanced search

Who's had botox

(12 Posts)
tabbycat15 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:17:12

I'm booked to have my forehead done next week. I'm so excited as I've always wanted it done. I'm also going to have eyelash extension too. I'm a beauty therapist so I never pamper myself.
How does it feel afterwards? What can I expect during the treatment. I have a high pain threshold & I'm not bothered by needles.

Charliefox Sun 28-Apr-13 13:30:32

Me! Doesn't hurt - it's akin to that sharp pinch when you pluck your eyebrows. The needle is super fine. It's over before you know it. You have to wait about a week before you see a difference. You'll be astounded - it's amazing - like your 11s have simply been erased. It doesn't feel like anything afterwards. Just like you can't frown really.

tabbycat15 Sun 28-Apr-13 14:58:21

Thanks Charliefox. I can't wait to see the results.

TattyDevine Sun 28-Apr-13 16:21:59

Doesn't hurt. Slight scratch n slight burn.

I've had it. They will tell you this but the results will set in from about 3 days to 1 week, with optimum results in 2 weeks.

A reputable therapist will generally offer a top up 2 weeks later if necessary.

I use a doctor for mine. I used to use a dentist but he was diluting it and it was barely lasting 6 weeks but for the same price. This doesn't necessarily mean non doctors are wrong though. They know where to put it, generally.

My female doctor who has it done herself (and just about everything else!) at least knows the ins and outs of how it reacts and the troubleshooting aspect (things like brow spocking, comma lines, etc)

I don't care one way or not whether I look younger; I want to look a well rested, good version of the age I am, and I believe Botox helps with this amongst other more natural things.

Give it a go, enjoy. If it isn't what you expected, it might be your practitioner, or just not for you.

topsi Sun 28-Apr-13 17:14:48

Nurses are great injectors too!

tabbycat15 Mon 29-Apr-13 02:53:11

Thanks everyone. I'm having a consult with a Dr & a nurse is doing the botox.

oopsadaisymaisy Mon 29-Apr-13 20:48:17

I had my elevensies done Thursday and my while forehead looks super smooth, I have a fringe so wasn't too worried about my forehead, its just an added bonus. I was really self conscious about my elevensies and they're nearly gone. It doesn't look too overly smooth either and I still have movement. No pain, really quick and pretty amazing results.

oopsadaisymaisy Mon 29-Apr-13 20:48:45

Whole not while smile

Glimpers Mon 29-Apr-13 21:10:30

How do I go about finding a decent (I.e. Dr or nurse) place to get Botox done? Really don't want to make a mistake and go somewhere that's rubbish!

Charliefox Tue 30-Apr-13 12:11:52

I'm going to be asking this question soon. I've recently had a bad experience at my usual place (seriously hurt and bruising that lasted 2 weeks and was noticed at work) and I'm thinking it's time to try somewhere new in Cheshire.

topsi Tue 30-Apr-13 14:22:55

Botox shouldn't hurt exactly

Charliefox Tue 30-Apr-13 17:29:56

I know. I've had it done a fair few times and it's never hurt before. It did the last time and I bruised quite badly. I complained. Hence why I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now