Talk

Advanced search

Zara blush sequin jacket- to sell or keep?

(12 Posts)
rubylovescheese Sat 27-Apr-13 21:17:29

This is so trivial but just cannot decide what to do!
Last spring I saw this jacket on the DMBL40 blog and loved it, the following week I walked into my local provincial branch of Zara and it was the last one just sitting there calling me...so duly bought it and I love it. However I have only worn it twice, is very delicate and a few of the the little sequin discs fall off each time.
So whilst working out what to sell for some new clothes funds today I noticed one of the same doing very well indeed on ebay and even got as far as taking photos to list it but then realised its lovely and want to keep it. But if I can get almost original cost back for it does that make it worth selling? Or worth keeping only to be worn a few times each year. As I said this is really trivial but if you have/had one what would you do?

suebfg Sat 27-Apr-13 21:19:49

It's a keeper - really pretty

cerealqueen Sat 27-Apr-13 22:18:52

If you feel great when you wear it, keep it. I have little often worn clothes but keep them because I love them.

cerealqueen Sat 27-Apr-13 22:19:12

ps its really lovely

rubylovescheese Sat 27-Apr-13 22:47:25

I do really love it but it was not good value for money quality wise, think it was around £80 and so it annoys me when bits fall off! now thinking it's ok to keep as an occasional wear item. wasn't sure when I first posted if I wanted to be enabled one way or the other.

mirpuppet Sun 28-Apr-13 09:33:48

Sell it.

It is free listing weekend on Ebay so set your minimum price high so you will not be disappointed with the price you achieve.

I say sell, because it is not fitting into your life style.

YoniOno Sun 28-Apr-13 11:49:10

I say sell it - £80 is enough to buy something you really love and want to wear. If you can get back what you paid, it makes it basically free smile

hedgefund Sun 28-Apr-13 11:54:57

i have sold so many things on ebay then regretted! only sell if you really really will not miss it

rubylovescheese Sun 28-Apr-13 13:47:27

hedgefund that's exactly it I may miss it. by which time it's too late.

rubylovescheese Mon 29-Apr-13 11:54:07

ok have now decided will keep for now and wear as much as poss (not the school run!) and if not worn enough by autumn will ebay it. still keeping an eye on what they're selling for as that could still sway me! thanks for all advice.

freddiefrog Mon 29-Apr-13 12:09:26

I was going to say keep

I nearly bought one, but stuck to my no impulse buy rule and decided I didn't really go anywhere to wear it

Sods law, I've had several occasions it would have been perfect for so am kicking myself now

Annianni Mon 29-Apr-13 12:19:48

It's lovely, I say keep it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now