Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

have i got a genuine Dolce and Gabbana clutch bag?

(11 Posts)
Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 19:06:48

Or is it a copy, or a freebie given with perfume?

So, am going through cupboards looking for stuff to Ebay, and found this clutch bag.

Wealthy aunt gave it to me, maybe ten years ago and I didn't like it so didn't use it.
Even though she's well off, I wouldn't be surprised if its a copy she's picked up in Turkey or had as a freebie at duty free.

So, I don't want to make a huge mistake and embarrass myself, so can I ask you ladies what you think please?

Can't find anything similar on line.

So its a small clutch, with Dolce and gabbana written all over it, also on the lining. It has a small strap with chunky links also printed with D&G.
Its a zip bag but also has a fold over leather popper, with chunky link and two separate D and G initials dangling.

Obviously I am currently fantasising about it being worth hundreds grin so come put me out of my misery!

Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 19:37:08

I think I have managed to download a photo onto my profile.

madammecholet Sat 27-Apr-13 19:39:55

Head over to the purse forum, they will certainly tell you one way or the other...

santamarianovella Sat 27-Apr-13 19:51:44

cant see the pic.

Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 19:55:24

Where's the purse forum?

I'll have a look on my profile now to make sure photos are public.

I don't think is worth much even if it is real to be honest from what I can compare it with.

santamarianovella Sat 27-Apr-13 20:13:27

the purse forum is a site for discussing bags and they have a forum for authenticating brands on ebay.
does it have that white label thingy with the metallic sticker? dolce and gabbana were the first designers to install this authenticating trade mark sticker usually found inside.
where does it say its made?and does it have a serial number?

Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 20:18:18

hmm Can't find any labels in it at all.

Have I said it could be 8-10 yrs old?

I'll have a look on that forum now, thanks.

Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 22:02:43

bump

rubylovescheese Sat 27-Apr-13 22:12:32

would say the lack of labels suggests not genuine which means you can't even sell ot on ebay. best sent to charity shop where someone will think they're getting a bargain.

Panadbois Sat 27-Apr-13 22:26:35

Aahhh. The daydream was lovely while it lasted.

pleasethanks Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:51

To me that looks fake. The font size, type and spacing just doesn't look right I am afraid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now