Talk

Advanced search

Long curly hair blow dries

(7 Posts)
Doshusallie Sat 27-Apr-13 12:24:40

Hello.

I have very long curly hair (shock based on thread titlegrin) and I like it blown dry at the hairdressers using rollers so it goes into big bouncy but smooth curls.

The last time I went though, it didn't have any volume, and was just flat against my head with a few curls that dropped out very quickly.

If your hair is very long, is it possible to have this type of blow dry or does the weight of the hair rule it out?

satsumasunrise Sat 27-Apr-13 19:26:42

I get this done and it can last a week. It might depend on the thickness of your hair though, mine is very thick. Wish I could master it at home.

Maraki Sun 28-Apr-13 08:00:31

Me too! I had it done and it lasts ages but my hair is very thick and I have lots of it. Hairdresser back combed the roots with a brush and put wax on each curl as she took out each roller. Lots of hairspray afterwards.

Pinkflipflop Sun 28-Apr-13 08:20:02

Would this be any good? Might save some trips to the hairdressers also!

JackieTheFart Sun 28-Apr-13 08:46:16

I'd say if your hair is long you are unlikely to get much volume at the roots.

Especially if the method you are trying is large rollers. I blow dry my hair round a bristle brush and blow dry upwards so the roots are at right angles to my scalp (if that makes sense!) but my hair is only shoulder length.

Doshusallie Sun 28-Apr-13 10:48:21

Pinkflipflop how do you use it? Doesn't seem to have any details...

Pinkflipflop Sun 28-Apr-13 11:15:50

You decide on the type of curl you want and press a button, ranges from ringlet to loose curls. Just brush the section of hair and put it in the barrel. So easy, I would highly recommend it!3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now