Talk

Advanced search

Inverness Ear Piercing System

(9 Posts)
crazy8 Sat 27-Apr-13 10:44:50

I've heard that Claire's is not the place to go for ear piercing but just wondered if anyone recommends the Inverness System or is it the same thing. My DD8 is desperate to have her ears pierced. I have explained it will hurt but she still wants them done.

crazy8 Sat 27-Apr-13 18:16:55

Anyone out there?

letsgoeskimo Sat 27-Apr-13 21:40:18

Please don't go anywhere where they gun ear piercings, they're seriously not good for your DD's health.

letsgoeskimo Sat 27-Apr-13 21:41:16

Inverness Tattoo Centre

8 Connel Court
Ardconnel Street
Inverness,
IV2 3EY

I've heard good things about these.

TattyDevine Sat 27-Apr-13 21:55:40

Why are gun piercings not good for health?

InvaderZim Sat 27-Apr-13 22:03:51

I can't remember all the details, but it's twofold:

First, the gun creates a ragged hole which is a harder type of wound to heal than the sort made by a needle. The back of the stud is sometimes forced on too tightly, which can made the piercing site difficult to clean.

Second, the gun itself has parts which cannot be cleaned, there is tissue flying about during the gun piercing process, and blood borne diseases can be transferred.

JamEyelid Sat 27-Apr-13 23:00:13

Piercings with needles hurt far less than with a gun too.

JackieTheFart Sun 28-Apr-13 08:38:42

I had all five of my ear piercings done with a gun and never had any problems. I don't know anyone that has tbh.

toffeelolly Sun 28-Apr-13 08:49:16

My dd had het ear's done in claires with gun, and they were great. Would rather have my ears done with gun than a needle any day. No claires were great and took their time with her and both ear"d were done at same time which i liked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now