Talk

Advanced search

What shoes did you lot wear through winter?

(9 Posts)
DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Sat 27-Apr-13 05:17:25

We're just going into winter here and I'm looking for a pair of flat shoes that aren't converse, and that will keep my feet dry if it rains.

I usually tend towards ballet flats, but they're not so good for wet weather. Boots are of course an option, but looking for shoe inspiration mainly.

Obviously we don't have the same shops as you; that's fine, I'm just looking for ideas really.

Thanks. smile

CorrieDale Sat 27-Apr-13 06:46:57

Dr Marten's. comfy waterproof and funky!

scarlet76 Sat 27-Apr-13 06:54:18

Patent brogues from Clarks and Ash Jalouse ankle boots.

ginmakesitallok Sat 27-Apr-13 06:58:26

A cheap pair of Clark's boots mostly, with a pair of DM shoes when there wasn't snow. Oh and a very fetching pair of pink wellies.

bunnymother Sat 27-Apr-13 08:41:03

Ankle boots: black, tan, red, dark grey; and wellies when it snowed.

JazzDalek Sat 27-Apr-13 09:56:07

Kiwi Sheepskin ultimate boots 90% of the time. Fleece-lined Converse if weather relatively clement. Wellies with thick socks if weather Biblically awful.

YoniMcShoni Sat 27-Apr-13 10:06:08

Ive not worn shoes for months . Ecco ankle boots have taken me through everything this winter has throw at us.

DewDr0p Sat 27-Apr-13 11:15:30

Boots boots and boots (sorry that's no help really!) - biker boots, wedge heeled knee high boots and heeled ankle boots.

Brogues probably the best option for winter shoes?

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Sat 27-Apr-13 20:05:09

Thanks all - some good ideas here! Ankle boots and wellies featuring prominently.

I like ankle boots, but not really flat ones. It doesn't snow here, but it is very hilly so when out and about in daytime in winter, flats are definitely the way forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now