Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a wedding gift

(4 Posts)
libertychick Sat 27-Apr-13 00:25:15

A friend of mine got married almost 18 months ago and I still haven't organised a gift. She's not the type to mind at all but I am now very blush.

I am happy to spend up to £200 and she is someone who appreciates the finer things in life - the problem is she has everything!!! She likes good bed linen, antiques, vintage clothes, tends towards being quirky, swears like a trooper, is a sneaky smoker and a bit of a stress bunny - what would you buy this type of person??? She doesn't drink wine which ruins my usual default gift of giving people a case or two.

In an ideal world her hubby should like the gift too - but as I barely know him I am going to focus on her!

thanks in advance for your ideas/help/amazing links smile

libertychick Sat 27-Apr-13 14:50:11

Bump...please help smile

...or suggestions for a better topic area to post this!

amazingface Sat 27-Apr-13 20:04:06

Well, you've said it yourself that she loves good bed linen - I reckon you can't go wrong with that! You'll know that it'll definitely be used and if you stick to neutrals (white always feels most luxurious to me) you can't go wrong. I'm not sure where is the best place for top-notch stuff - the Anthropologie stuff always look nice to me but I've never bought any so don't know about quality.

Plenty of other nice ideas in the Anthropologie homewares section, actually - I love their doorknobs and hooks and stuff. It's probably all a bit overpriced but it is very appealing.

libertychick Sat 27-Apr-13 22:58:47

Thanks amazingface. The anthropologie homewares are lovely, and it's not a place I would have thought of looking. Those quilts are beautiful.

She has loads of bed linen and I was tempted just buy her more but worried that it's not showing much imagination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now