Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP - two summer weddings, need outfit

(16 Posts)
wonderstuff Fri 26-Apr-13 18:20:30

For practically no money if at all possible!
Both weddings are camping affairs, so need something pretty, doesn't easily crease, same people at both, would like one dress I can change accessories with. Need to be able to add a warmer layer in the evening but don't want to be sticky if its hot..

So dirt cheap, dead pretty suitable for all weathers outside in Early August and Late May (in Scotland)..

MrsLettuce Fri 26-Apr-13 20:44:10

Should be doable! What's your maximum budget for dress and accessories? Oh, and an idea of your colouring, build, size and all that jazz would be grand.

MrsLettuce Fri 26-Apr-13 21:08:38

As a stab in the dark, how's this and something along the lines of this with ballet flas or wellies, depending? You could easily get totally different looks with accessories, hat trimmings and all that malarky. Long enough to cover wellies too.

MrsLettuce Fri 26-Apr-13 21:19:22

(similar hat, 1/2 the price)
(pack of two pretty belts, 4.20)

MooncupGoddess Fri 26-Apr-13 22:11:29

I've just bought some lovely summer dresses from Dorothy Perkins for not much at all

like this one

KristinaM Sat 27-Apr-13 08:21:28

On that DP one is really pretty!

Camping weddings sound very cool,I hope you have a great time smile

Sounds a million miles away from these stereotyped wedding in hotel with £2000 dresses and dress codes for guests affairs that seem compulsory these days . Cost a fortune but completely devoid of meaning and individuality :-(

wonderstuff Sat 27-Apr-13 09:33:34

Oh thanks, kids playing up so had to abandon MN, I'm 33, size 6/8/10, pale skin, dark hair, wobbly tummy, knobbly knees..

Max budget? Could prob do £70 for the whole shebang, I'm keen to maybe add something to a plain ish dress, sewing bee stylie.

They will be lovely weddings, I am blessed with fantastic hippy friends, imagine they'll be lots of children, lots of music and lots of booze :-)

wonderstuff Sat 27-Apr-13 09:37:47

I'm loving the therapy dress, with that hat, very mel and Kim! Showing out smile

Love the tea dress too, but a bit short, I'm thinking long will be better for when it inevitably gets chilly.

MrsLettuce Sat 27-Apr-13 09:41:57

Yy, I'd definitely go for long. That way you can hide leggings / tights / full on thermals under it if May in Scotland decides to be less than clement.

I'd love to link you too some fab, patterned dresses but TBH they'd offer little hope of looking much different at the two events, regardless of how you accessorize.

BellaVita Sat 27-Apr-13 09:47:27

in rl this is stunning (knee length).

It has a peachy underlayer and would look great with your colouring.

I have bought the dress for a wedding we are going to in Sept. I know it is a little over budget, but you could perhaps get your accessories from eBay on the cheap?

AphraBehn Sat 27-Apr-13 09:54:50

How about this from Dorothy Perkins.

Someone on another thread said it was a little low cut but you could wear a lacy vest or camisole underneath which would add warmth. Add a cropped cardigan and lots of bangles. They also do it in coral.

MrsLettuce Sat 27-Apr-13 10:23:49

this?

wonderstuff Sat 27-Apr-13 10:36:54

Love both the maxi dresses, but I'm too flat chested for the pink and I suspect too short for the red, although I could take it up I guess.

I'm still loving the green one..

AphraBehn Sat 27-Apr-13 11:07:42

Oh I love the green one too. I'm not slender enough for it sadly (not slender at all sad ) but sounds like you would be OP.

wonderstuff Sat 27-Apr-13 11:17:12

DH doesn't like it at all, I hate it when he doesn't think the same as me!

Doshusallie Sat 27-Apr-13 13:11:24

I have bought this for a June wedding this year. I think it would look excellent with Wellies . grin. And a total bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now